Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR Charts - electronic

Well, they must do it with a chinagraph or permanent marker (which is why most pilots never do that).

absurd…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I have said it for years all the different national vfr maps is a saftey issue. Now we are all EASA one map should be produced to cover the lot.

I use skydemon and the air million as a paper back up

Last Edited by Bathman at 25 Jun 18:02

Can you point me in the direction of that rule/requirement? I’ve never found it. The only rule I found is that you need a current and suitable chart for the route to be flown. It doesn’t say the chart needs to be printed on paper.

I have it in an email from the police. First offence is a registered warning. Second offence is a fine

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

And to what legalese do they refer?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Yes indeed. An “e-mail from the police” is laughable, if not backed by some regulation…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

0fficer wrote:

The only rule I found is that you need a current and suitable chart for the route to be flown. It doesn’t say the chart needs to be printed on paper.

GM to part-NCO says that electronic charts are acceptable!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

The email was lengthy and specific but as I am at home and the mail is in the office I do not currently have access to the exact text. Congratulations to all you guys who have a photographic memory.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

One issue with mandating printed charts is that it tends to imply they are purchased from a specific commercial provider, which is something that any civilised government should not really be doing.

@Peter_Mundy – it would be great to see the policeman’s email when you do dig it out. These things need to be examined / laid to rest / etc.

Also if you have any examples of the VFR charts you mentioned (Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Estonia) it would be interesting to see them. Could you post some smartphone pics of little bits of them?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter_Mundy: could you post that email on the forum please or send it to me as a PM please?

The police never make a mistake, and always fully understand the correct letter of the law of course…

Last Edited by stevelup at 26 Jun 07:30
Sign in to add your message