Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

VFR Trip Report: Camping under the wings in Sweden

MedEwok wrote:

What kind of camera did you use for the aerial photos?

We had a GoPro for some shots, on some flights mounted to the wing strut. We also had the DJI Mavic Pro drone for the “non-flying” aerial shots. Some shots are iPhone products. Aviathor wrote:

A blimp took off from the grass just as I landed.

It’s called “Theo” and flies a lot at weekends. It was destroyed during the Ela storm in 2014 and has been rebuilt for a lot of money, even though the airfield is likely to be closed in less than 10 years from now.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Looks like you had a great trip. I am very glad that you landed on the famous “Herring Evening”. It is a great example of how great GA can be.

ESSZ, Sweden

Great write up and photos :) Visingsö is a definitely a gem. If you have a few more days you can check out the oak forests i southern part of the island. They were planted in the 18th century to secure the supply of oak to build battle ships. Recently the navy got a notice they were ready for delivery.. Not very often you see 20 m tall oaks without a branch on them. If you take the ferry to Gränna you can visit the Andree museum in memory of an attempt to fly a balloon to the north pole.

ESG..., Sweden
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message