Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Where to meet up in 2016?

I don’t think EuroGA does voter buttons, but this might be useful on this thread?

I am happy to try and get to the Fly-in but would vote strongly for a location n France. Carcassone or Avignon as a suggestion, but Colmar also.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Yes I would vote for thumbs: up, down, and sideways. Its a lot easier to count than endless posts.

Also just a few more expressions. Not being an IT guy I would depend on it to get the true spirit of my post across.

KHTO, LHTL

We had a vote before – for the 2013 fly-in. It doesn’t work because many people vote for a destination they “like” but they are not in a position (for various reasons) to actually fly there. The classic “market research pitfall”

I am taking everything on board and will decide soon

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The 6-9 May fly-in will be to Carcassonne LFMK

I have started a new thread here so this one can be used for other meet-ups.

Administrator

N2136E booked for this one.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

@Peter, wrt the top message of this thread: you didn’t mention any destination in the UK or Ireland. For us Europeans, meetings in your kingdom or its (former) dependencies would appear quite exotic and engaging

Last Edited by Nestor at 02 Feb 23:34
LFLY, France

Instead of a lunchmeat in LFAT, why not to meet in the capital of France?

A lunch under the Eiffel Tower, in the City of Light, who offers for everybody something nice.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

@Vieke

I think many UK pilots would be visiting Paris as a day trip, and I did that too e.g. here but one cannot fly there practically anymore, since France stripped off Customs/Immigration from about 50 airports in early 2012. There is only Lognes – grass and VFR only. Everything else needs a stop on the way there and another stop on the way back, so almost nobody will do it as a one-day meet-up.

@Nestor

I think, as they say, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence I guess we could meet up in some reasonably historic city but one which relatively near the Continent. There are a few of those e.g. Norwich or Cambridge. Then you have the Scilly Isles which are really scenic. The nearest place to France with reasonable surroundings is probably Shoreham EGKA which has a nice little old town, a bit run down, but with a river, houseboats, and some good fish restaurants.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I think many UK pilots would be visiting Paris as a day trip,

If it’s reachable by less than a direct 7h flight, it must be no good for a EuroGA meetup

Peter wrote:

There is only Lognes – grass and VFR only.

I’m pretty sure Le Bourget LFPB still has customs and immigration, is right in the center of Paris, has almost 3km concrete runway (if you can live with 45m width, otherwise 2.6km), IFR, H24… but it comes at a price. But they reportedly even roll out a red carpet for you

LSZK, Switzerland

Vieke wrote:

A lunch under the Eiffel Tower, in the City of Light, who offers for everybody something nice.

@Vieke, you are welcome to Paris anytime, but the brits, and particularly Peter, are allergic to non-customs airports (LFPT, LFPN) or customs airports w/o instrument approach (LFPL). They are also very fond of warm, sandy beaches. So Paris does not fit the bill

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message