Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Yet another "new" "toy" to fly for me... (Beech 33)

How does mogas perform at FL100 and above?

There are a few old timers in Italy which are for sale in various states of airworthiness. Lovely aircraft but Beechcraft spares command premium prices.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Very nice,
Looking forward to a review of the new Garmin autopilot

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

Didn’t read the somewhat romantic piece I wrote last year about the 1947 35 model, did ya?

No, where is it – would love to read !
I love the Bonnie, can’t wait to try it out IFR – if all goes well I have my checkride on the 8th….

Now that you mention the GFC500 – do you (or anyone else) have a clue when it will be STC‘ed for the Bonanza under EASA ?

Last Edited by EuroFlyer at 16 Jun 20:27
Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Here.

No clue on EASA STCs. I don’t care much.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I have read that one, didn’t remember it was from you. That’s a beautiful plane. I read every article about Bonanzas ;))

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Flying the Beech Bonanza by John Eckalbar is an excellent performance manual book for the type.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

That aeroplane looks so much newer than 1964. You’d think it was 10-15 years newer.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

I was wrong by one year. It is actually a 1965 one. See here. 1965 was the year the 35-C33 appeared, which featured the big third window. After that, the 33 hasn’t really changed much in appearance until production ceased (mid-nineties).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yesterday, promoted by this thread I stopped and chatted with a man very advanced in years who continues to fly his 1962 V-tail Bonanza regularly, and fusses with it as only a man in love can. I must admit to considering how much longer he’ll fly, and how much it might be worth.

The panel in his plane has no glass but yesterday he had flown off under cloud, climbed when clear, then called Approach and come back to base under IFR to maintain his skills in that area. I hope it’ll be a long time before somebody like me has the opportunity to buy a well kept Bonanza!

Silvaire wrote:

who continues to fly his 1962 V-tail Bonanza regularly, and fusses with it as only a man in love can.

I flew mines up last week, my N35, 1961, from an airfield in England. 167 miles, flight time 1.05. I left a soggy 1200 feet cloudbase, climbed up through to FL55, and had a beautiful arrival at EGPK in CAVOK. I have never felt so alive

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 17 Jun 18:09
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow
Sign in to add your message