Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2016 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2017?

76 hours, my best year so far, got my IR this year and some trips to Croatia, Greece, Belgium, UK, and Spain. 2017 hope to fly over 100 hours and do many enjoyable trips.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

2016:
around 170 hours, quite a bit less than 2015, but couldn’t find much more time ( I even thought about hiring someone to do my jogging…). Did my SEP(sea), bought a flying boat, which lead to some highlights in 2016. In addition to the very interesting trip to the Aero (writeup here) and to the UK, there were many beautiful local flights, interesting instructing day and night and much to learn and to teach.
2017:
Finishing my Master Thesis, spending a lot of time on the water and in the air. The Boat get’s a new prop and some avionics and if there is time, I’d like to do my acro rating.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Due to many circumstances but primarly the birth of my daughter and the time prior and aft and ungodly work hours, this year was the absolute low point in my flying since I got back in 2009. I have not added up the hours but it’s absymally low, all in all 3 rotations done this year. The airplane itself did roughly 60 hours.

Highlight was:

Being allowed to land at Alpnach Airbase at a fly in. I used to do military service there many years ago and it was coming back there in style.

Also got a nice pic of my plane taking off out of it.

The other destination was Speyer, always a good place to go to.

This year: Finally getting the IR done and then start flying again in ernest also with my family once my daughter is fit for a childrens seat.

But I won’t complain: The smile I get greeted with every day when coming home from work more than compensates for the lack of flying.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

aart wrote:

Other than keep breathing my aspiration for 2017 is to learn to fly a taildragger.

I can help with the taildragger bit if you mosey your way up here to the north – maybe bring that Dane with you too..

260hrs this past year and a new type under the belt, but sadly that A/C is gone too so maybe another TR for 2017, unless anybody needs a C550/560 pilot…

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

Didn’t fly much in 2016 due to plane. Kept my IFR currency up, rented a Cutlass for a 6hr trip and at end of the year, got back in my plane and did the type training and then flew a few shorter trips before it was time for the avionics panel and interior to be done (that’s where she is now). Maybe 20hrs? I was pretty rusty coming back to it, especially the first IFR currency flight. It’s amazing how fast they skills deteriorate when you’re not flying a lot.

I’m hoping for a lot more in 2017! Can’t wait to actually do some real traveling in it – want to go to Mexico and the Caribbean with her this year. Maybe even Cuba now that the embargo has been lifted. Know a few who have done the trip already and said it was amazing.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 09 Jan 04:13

In 2015 I wrote:

In 2016 I would like to finally reach 500 hours, which is the last requirement to get type rated on the TBM. Then look around for one.
Would love to practice aerobatics and join some intermediate level competition, but it may have to wait until 2017.

That’s pretty much what happened. I did 68h in my DA40, then got the TBM and did 52 hours on that (starting end of September). On the Extra it was 11 hours.
130 hours is definitely a record year for me.

Things I remember most were:
- flying in January in the DA40 TDI at FL160 with OAT -30, freezing in the cockpit, “building time”
- joining a ferry pilot who was flying a new TBM to a customer in US in June
- getting Courchevel rating and landing my TBM there in November

For 2017 I would like to get more experience and fly round the world at end of the year.

LPFR, Poland

2016 : 26 hrs from which 7 in the last one and half month for CB-IR formation.

Expectations for 2017 : Endorsing my CB-IR rating, making some good trips with my new ratings, discovering new french and european areas.
But with a 2 year-old kid, and another one on the way, 2017 will not be the year of family week-end by the air ;)

LFBZ, France

in 2016
96,5 hrs ave. GS 147kt
all VFR
enjoying this Forum

for 2017
trying to get IR
still enjoying this Forum
more hours as AOG in late summer 2016 for 7 weeks

fly2000

2016 was a good year, just under 100 hrs.

Trips to Elba, Asiago, Sicily, Scalea,Venice.

For 2017 I just hope to fly as much as I can.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Good year for me as well. I did about 140h in 2016, 30 of which were training to get my FI and I finally passed end of December. The rest was flying in our Mooney. We got a new panel in January (I reported about it here ), so I had to get used to it first. We did two longer trips in 2016. The first was to Spain with a write-up on EuroGA . The second took us to some Greek islands in September – no write-up, I thought there is nothing new I could add to the numerous existing ones. The rest were weekend trips (seven or eight to France alone).

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
Sign in to add your message