Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your flying year, 2013

Total hours since 1 Jan: 643
Sorties: 0 (I do not fly in the military)
Flights: 374
Night hours: 56
Actual IMC: 85

Last Edited by at 06 Jan 15:53

Total hours since 1 Jan 2013: 112
Night hours: 8.1
IFR hours: about 30
All in the TB10

Managed proper trips to Scotland, Germany (twice) and Belgium, along with lots of flights to see family in Exeter and Blackpool, a few weekends on the Scillies and Jersey and a couple of lunches in France.

The big trip for 2014 will hopefully be up to northern Norway.

Last Edited by jwoolard at 02 Jan 13:11
EGEO

With about 25 hours total very few hours compared to most here.

To say nothing about me : 14 hours and 11 flights, all VFR.

:_(

Incidentally sortie is a french noun meaning several things (exit, the fact of going out..) but also the fact of going somewhere . For exemple : “une sortie avec des amis” : the fact of going somewhere with friends to entertain oneself….

Last Edited by TThierry at 02 Jan 07:41
SE France

Same average as last year, a couple of hours more, 86 total on PA18, PA28, C152, C172, all VFR.

An upset year, different flying, mostly short trips, but in the last quarter I bought my own aircraft, so hopefully in 2014 I’ll be free to roam.

Happy only when flying
Sabaudia airstrip LISB, Italy

Picked up a few new badges in 2013: FI (A), with Multi and Aerobatics restrictions lifted, hope to get the IRI early in 2014 – in the process got my EASA licence, but also got the lifetime UK CPL which at under £40 is quite good value for a CAA licence fee.

Hopefully, also plan to get the AOPA intermediate standard in 2014.

Added half a dozen Essex and Suffolk farm strips to the repertoire – there are still a few dozen to go.

In 2014 the PA18-95 will check out the Continent (Munich and Milan) – if the Euroga venue does end up being Croatia may try and make this. Last time in Zagreb, was over a dozen years ago – there were still some NATO restrictions, and I was asked to keep my speed up on the ILS as there was a brace of MIG-21s also on the Localiser behind me.

A beachside villa with half acre plot in the islands near Split could be bought for EUR25k, back then – regretfully did not follow the idea up!

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Not as good as one would hope but a number of firsts and some interesting places.
3 new types.
8 countries (4 new).
10 new airports.
120 hrs total.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

2013 for me the current tally stands at

39 hours on 4 different aircraft (all C172s or PA28s) flying in 5 countries, 23 Airfields (here’s hoping the weather holds for tomorrow ;-)

EDL*, Germany

Don’t normally work it out in those terms, but fun question.

33 airfields (well, technically, 31 airfields, a field, and a beach), 6 countries.

G

Boffin at large
Various, southern UK.

To add to my earlier post:

23 airports, 6 countries

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Off skiing for the rest of the year, so here’s my final stats:

Grand total hrs: 72.6
VFR hrs: 72.6
VMC hrs: 72.6 ;-)
PIC hrs: 25
Aerodromes landed at: 12
Countries: 3
A/C Types: 2

Mind you, this is my 2013 finals but also “life-to-date”.

I wish everyone happy flying in 2014!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
69 Posts
Sign in to add your message