Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your greatest trip of 2019?

To me, our best trip was Ouessant with Peter.
To my girlfriend, it was the shortest one, Le Touquet beach (at sunset I must say) :)

LFOU, France

My favourite for this year was a ferry of a lovely C152 in late October out of Wickenby EGNW up to LKTA Tabor in Czech Republic.

Wickenby EGNW – Lydd EGMD – Le Touquet LFAT – over Belgium and Netherlands to Marl-Loemühle EDLM – weather deviation to Finsterwalde Schacksdorf EDUS – Bautzen EDAB – Hradec Kralove LKHK and finally to Tabor LKTA

All in all a 14hr trip across the UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Czech Republic.

LKKV

WOW – what aircraft?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yucatán, Mexico
Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

United States

Thanks THY – a good read and it’s nice to see some family flying

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I will add my trip report to Sankt Johann, Austria here too as it qualifies for one of my best trips in 2019:

LOIJ Trip report.

Happy New Year!

THY
EKRK, Denmark

Finishing the Carbon Cub build last year was satisfying, but a home-built hasn’t really been baptised until it goes to Oshkosh. So I made the 3400 NM round trip from the West coast at Cub speeds over 3 days each way. Maybe not as much of an adventure as Rinker Buck’s ‘Flight of Passage’ but a good shake down of my new machine.
A few interesting stops on the way including this one in Utah’s Canyonlands. A trip to the High Sierra fly-in rounded off the year’s adventures.
But something even more exciting planned for 2020………….

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ScmHIMXOMKuDfFD2C8od77vA

Around the US. Starting at Bend, Oregon. Many stops over about 5 weeks. Notable: The Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in Lake Huron, Prince and King hotel in Georgia, Atlantis in Nassau, Bahamas, a friends boat in the Exumas, New Orleans, Fredericksburg, Texas, and back home. 52 hours flying.

KBDN (Bend Oregon, USA), Other

That’s a nice report, tomw, and welcome to EuroGA

That’s a good trip to do in what were not easy conditions, and especially with the dreadful UK Form 215

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Everyone, long time skulker, new member here.

For me it depends on what you mean by the greatest trip. Most fun was a week in Scotland flying down the glens and out to the islands. Most adventurous was Sweden, I’ve never turned left when over the channel, and I will be back there when I can. The flight out to Sweden did not go as planned. With luck a video will appear here.

United Kingdom
36 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one