Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pipistrel Panthera (combined thread)

If the industrial control (my business) trade press is anything to go by

But you get these trade press magazines for free, unlike for example fliegermagazin.

LSZK, Switzerland

Pipistrel have just posted this video of a 10-turn spin test, of an apparently fully loaded aircraft

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Why that intrusive music on the video? On a flight test, I expect to hear engine and air sounds, not the soundtrack of “The Exorcist” (or similar). And on a flight test, I expect to see the aircraft covered with tufts that show the airflow, I expect to see instrument indications. I expect to get some figures presented: Entry altitude, exit altitude, altitude loss per turn, altitude loss for recovery, entry and exit speeds, power settings, M&B envlope, … It looks as if they don’t even wear shoulder harnesses. And flight testing with passengers on board? Are they living in a parallel universe or am I?

Last Edited by what_next at 31 Jul 10:51
EDDS - Stuttgart

Looks like they entered at about 10.3 k and exited at 5k. INterestingly enough looks like recovery starts at 6.5 so although you loose 500ft per turn you need 1.5k feet to recover it.

The aircraft is clearly very “slippery” – the speed build-up during the recovery is impressive… I once [inadvertently] spun a C152 once with 2 stages of flap, the speed did never exceed 80kts on recovery because the thing is so draggy.

Biggin Hill

I noticed that the RC Allen stby horizon gyro erection/recovery after the pull out was faster and more precise then primary EFIS

Last Edited by Vref at 31 Jul 21:12
EBST

I like the part of the footage taken with tail camera and water vapor at winglets

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Mogas in the Panthera makes great sense…especially if it’s anything like 91E10. Bringing gas to the airfield in a transfer tank is the way I do it. No cans, no mess. There are transfer tank trailer for sale online. I built mine. I even have a static reel on the rig. I can transfer and store 100 gallons. I have a regular nozzle with shutoff built-in, 15 feet of hose. 100LL is a horrible fuel. It clogs the engine and gear boxes and is toxic if you touch any of it.

Last Edited by USFlyer at 15 Aug 14:00

You don’t mention where you fly (not a lot of info in your profile…), but in Europe, keeping a private (even more so: uncertified) tank of fuel somewhere at the airfield is generally not allowed at any airfield except at the very small (privatish) ones. Also, driving around on public roads with a trailer holding 100 galllons entails a lot of other stuff…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Here’s some (performance) data.

Much as I love the idea of hybrid/electric let’s leave these experimentals aside for the moment and look at the Lycoming versions.

Of course they had to let go of that 200KTAS @10gal/hr propaganda, but if these figures are true, not bad at all. Would they be true?
193 KTAS, 65% of 260 HP, FL120 sounds a bit high. Surely some of the Mooney pilots can chime in..

http://www.panthera-aircraft.com/technical-data

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message