Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Avidyne 10.2 now certified.

Looking forward to the program. I’ll put a note in my schedule in the meantime.

EBST, Belgium

For your information on 16th of March 2019, only a few weeks before the AERO in Friedrichshafen we will be attending AVIEUR (EDGE). Where we look forward to present discussions and product presentations. Please visit https://www.avieur.de/events/avidyne-foreflight for more information and sign up.

I hope Avidyne will have a nice booth at Aero Friedrichshafen where we can see these goodies in action.
Same goes for Aspen with their new products…

EBST, Belgium

The IFD can display the traffic from the standard Lynx 9000 it does not show weather in Europe as that is not transmitted.
In this software version what we have stated is what will be available for the time being.

Sorry Alex, I’m actually a total luddite and don’t take easily to new technology, so don’t know the answer to your question.

@AdamFrisch, I suppose it will be also be able to show traffic and weather from the normal (non remote) version of Lynx 9000 as well?

LRIA, Romania

Adam, thank you for the heads-up, especially nice to know about G5 and Lynx. I wonder whether this version will also come up with advisory glideslopes to VFR runways like GTN already does. Maybe @Steveavidyne can clue us in on that?

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Why doesn’t Avidyne support RF Legs

Last Edited by Rob at 13 Feb 16:37

New software update coming in March. A lot of good utility and perhaps the most useful – Garmin G5 support and fuel totalizer input.

1. Adds GLAS (GPS Legacy Avionics Support) for support of Proline 21 in CJ and King Air

2. Adds improved ADS-B Weather and Traffic integration with
Foreflight

3. Adds ADS-B textual TFRs, AIRMETS and SIGMETS.

4. Adds support for Garmin G5 HSI

5. Adds support for Lynx NGT-9000 Remote Transponder

6. Adds a new zoom mode which provides the ability to display large datablocks and button label text

7. Adds support for both Heads-Up Technologies XMD-076A datalink and GDL 69A SXM

8. Allows for display of datablocks on the SVS pages

9. Improves display and editing features of Airways SIDS and STARS and approaches

10. Adds fuel totalizer function when connected to a remote fuel computer

11. Improved Wi-Fi configuration to ease integration with Stratus, Foreflight and other Wi-Fi connected devices.

chflyer wrote:

Colin, so the IFD540 is providing the FPL to the 110B via wifi? How would that work with the ADL140 … transfer to ADLConnect on the ipad?

Not quite. The FPL info is provided over RS232 (Channel 3 on mine) direct to the 110B. If the FPL data does not appear straight away you just press the ‘FPL IN’ button on the 110B.
Earlier software versions only allowed data transmission over 1 of the 6 channels available in the IFD540. The 10.2 software allows all 6 channels of RS232 to be used simultaneously and independently.
When my IFD540 was installed it was wired up with the 10.2 release in mind. This meant that prior to 10.2 (see photo) only 1 unit (I could set which one it was) would receive the data.

EGLK, United Kingdom
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message