Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Convenient airport for München?

What actually is the story in Oberpfaffenhofen? It is listed as PPR but as you say, it should probably better be called closed for all practical purposes?

Well it isn’t closed other than for <2t. Otherwise it is fine but still PPR.

EGTK Oxford

There is nothing like a “special green permit”. There is only a regulation that cars inside the beltway (“Mittlerer Ring”) have to have a green decal that shows they have a catalytic converter. EVERY car that has a catalytic converter gets the green sticker, no matter how old it is. Also classic cars get it, and there are many other exemptions.

Cars registered abroad do not have to have it anyway.

Cars registered abroad do not have to have it anyway.

Sure? Might have changed, but when they rolled that regulation, this was not the case. I used to have the sticker on my Audi registered in Italy. Over there, everyone asked me what it was good for…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

(sorry for the german, here’s the regulation)

Folgende Kraftfahrzeuge sind von Verkehrsverboten nach § 40 Abs. 1 des Bundes-
Immissionsschutzgesetzes auch dann ausgenommen, wenn sie nicht gemäß § 2 Abs. 1 mit einer Plakette gekennzeichnet sind:
……

10. Oldtimer (gemäß § 2 Nr. 22 der Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung), die ein Kennzeichen nach § 9 Abs. 1 oder § 17 der Fahrzeug-Zulassungsverordnung führen, sowie Fahrzeuge, die in einem anderen Mitgliedstaat der Europäischen Union, einer anderen Vertragspartei des Abkommens über den Europäischen Wirtschaftsraum oder der Türkei zugelassen sind, wenn sie gleichwertige Anforderungen erfüllen.

(meaning that cars that meet the requirements of a catalytic converter and registered in the EU and the associated states do not have to have the green sticker). This was changed in 2007 i think!

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 28 Sep 16:11

Thx!

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Keyword there is “Mitglied der EU oder Türkei” – die Schweiz is neither :-)

I assume that “ein andere Vertragspartei des Abkommens über den Europäischen Wirtschaftsraum” refers to non-EU EES members? In that case we would have the interesting situation that cars from Liechtenstein would also not need the sticker. :-)

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Of course it means Switzerland too (“eine anderen Vertragspartei des Abkommens über den Europäischen Wirtschaftsraum”).

Switzerland is not part of the European Economic Area (EEA, = Europäischer Wirtschaftsraum). I guess there must some other provision including them.

Switzerland is not a member of the EW. (but nobody bothered me for lacking the sticker). Having said that the Swiss Touring Club can organise the sticker for you.

Last Edited by Shorrick_Mk2 at 29 Sep 09:11
Sign in to add your message