Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Fly-In 2013?

For those of you who don't like beer, I'll bring some strong Mallorquin red wine. Unless Europe falls apart before then and I would have to hand it over to customs

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I've looked at the 'website tips', but still can't get this 'here' thing to work - so the full link!!!

http://www.booking.com/city/de/schwabisch-hall.en-gb.html

The 'Stadt-gut-Hotel Gasthof Goldener Adler' looks in the 'right' place and OK.

Friedrichshafen April 9 - 12 is just down the road for us UK lot!!!!! Kill two birds with one stone - but guess it's some way off.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Yes, good idea to combine Aero with a Fly-in. Would be even better if we arrived a day early and avoided the slot regulation

The Ibis at Friedrichshafen have rooms ATPIT. Either side of April 9 - 12 about £50+ GBP. On the nights of The Aero 9-12 £100 GBP.

Guess (not much of a guess) they know something!!!

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

The EDNY hotel prices during AERO are outrageous.

I've been there a number of times and we always stay outside the town.

It's a reasonable meet-up destination. In fact meeting up with colleagues is primarily what the show is good for. The exhibited products don't change from one year to the next...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The EDNY hotel prices during AERO are outrageous.

Show me a town with a fairground where the hotels don't do the same thing during trade shows. In the good days of CeBIT in Hannover I paid up to 100 € a day to stay in a children's room with Backstreet Boys posters on the wall or horses and pink princesses, depending on my luck. Whole families would move out during the show and rent out their apartment to fund a nice holiday.

And compare the Friedrichshafen prices during Aero to those during Eurobike which is like 20x bigger...

That's because the bikers have more money left for hotels ;-)

I stay in Constance and pay normal price as I work there a lot. The ferry is 50 mins one way, but you need to leave on time to catch the last one.

United Kingdom

I heard Konstanz recommended for staying elsewhere, too. But what's this about a ferry? Surely one doesn't need to cross the Bodensee?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I am sure many of us will make it to EDNY / Friedrichshafen.

It's a reasonable place to meet up. It has a number of places to eat and 1 or 2 of them even serve edible food...

I normally fly there in the TB20 (2012) but in 2013 went by airline, partly due to dodgy weather and partly because Justine was coming along so I didn't want any delays getting back because there really is very little to do down there other than take boat trips on the lake.

However I think a fly-in to say Mali Losinj or Brac (Croatia) would be a much nicer location, especially if you are bringing a non-flying partner.

For a good "cultural programme" Greece has to be the place.

Some years, the Greeks do a fly-in to Kavala LGKV (normally no avgas but they bring it in for the day). I have done that a few times, though for weird reasons never in the TB20. There is a suberb site nearby - Philippi. Kavala is reachable from Croatia, in most GA touring types. And there is an easy airline backup: Thomson fly there from Gatwick EGKK. I don't know if there will be a fly-in in 2014 but there wasn't one in 2013 so maybe yes. They normally lay on a huge barbeque.

Greek pilots are a huge lot of fun

There is now the newly opened Sparti LGSP which is another famous site.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message