Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

Does the cliff right before the runway create a visual illusion?

It might but should not if you fly it using numbers. I position myself at airport elevation plus 1000ft, fly to the “FAF” and just fly the final approach. 3nm away works well.

And here goes another little video – a departure from Brac to Shoreham. Just the first few mins, unedited

I wonder if anyone can spot the mistake in that departure… it is actually very difficult to see

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I do not feel like commenting

Were you on the SPL4R departure?

LFPT, LFPN

After a couple of hours on the ground at Calvi where we had a light meal and I planned the next leg towards Pontoise, it was time to get back into the air.

In the western part of France there was a definite risk of poor flying conditions with low 0-isotherms and the very definite potential for icing which I could not escape since I limit myself to FL120 with a NA DA40-180 w/o Oxygen. On top of that, I would have at least 20-25 kts of headwind, which first of all prevented me from making it to Pontoise in one leg, but also prevented me from reaching Troyes in time to refuel. I therefore chose a more westerly route to Poitiers which would make me avoid the front system altogether.

Landfall at St Tropez. Plage des Demoiselles.

Iles de Hyères (also commonly called Iles de Porquerolles) – Levant, Port-Cros and Porquerolles.

LFTF – Cuers

Marseilles

Avignon

Carpentras

Caromb

So far so good: we had been VMC since we left Calvi

Séguret – a wonderful little hillside city, highly recommended if you are in the Avignon/Orange area.

Interesting clouds

Montélimar

From the MTL VOR and almost all the way to Poitiers were were IMC, first at FL100, but later, a little south-west of Clermont-Ferrand, we had to descend to FL090 due to light icing. We also got a nice shortcut almost all the way from MTL to POI, over 200 NM, which had to be coordinated with Limoges APP.

On approach to LFBI rwy 03

Final

Filed versus flown.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 23 Sep 18:33
LFPT, LFPN

@Aviathor
The gramet was pretty much accurate !

PetitCessnaVoyageur wrote:

The gramet was pretty much accurate !

Yes indeed. I meant to comment on that. Not only was the GRAMET accurate although the extent of the clouds was somewhat larger that what is indicated, but the TEMSI (and SIGWX) chart was very accurate as well.

Aviathor wrote:

In the western part of France there was a definite risk of poor flying conditions

In the eastern part, of course…

Last Edited by Aviathor at 23 Sep 20:44
LFPT, LFPN

@Peter wrote:

The altitude is right. We had to descend soon after departure, over the Adriatic, due to ice.

I guess this should not happen again next year :-)

Besides, I thought, what about icing of fuel vent ? Is there a risk, and which alternate ?

what about icing of fuel vent ?

I have protected fuel tank vents. The full-TKS kit includes vent protectors but for some reason my plane already has them. I don’t have a heated stall warner though and I don’t think the full TKS kit includes that either… no wonder the TB20 is not FIKI as N-reg but is approved for flight into specific icing conditions on a G-reg

Administrator

Some pics from the return flight:

Great efficient and speedy service at Brac airport, including a fuel talk topoff done in minutes

Departure in very light winds

The famous beach on Bol

Climbing to FL160 over the Alps

Administrator

Some pictures from Brač

Škrip

Postira

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message