Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

Nice reports and great pictures from you all.
Thanks
@Peter: is it the the left turn after take off ?
@Aviathor: nice move, beautiful pictures. Do you have 40 or 50 USG tanks ?

Jean
EBST, Belgium

Jean wrote:

Do you have 40 or 50 USG tanks ?

Long range – 50 USG

LFPT, LFPN

is it the the left turn after take off ?

If you look really really carefully at the full size (1080P) version on Vimeo, you might spot the winsock

The wind was light – probably 3kt or so – but the brain-dead misreading of a windsock is not something I want to do again. Obviously tower was empty, as it usually is on Brac these days.

A couple more pics:

My co-pilot and me after landing on Brac

An improvement in wx over the previous day’s diverted landing at Split, where we got totally soaked and my fuel credit card receipt got dissolved:

(a screenshot from the external camera which was still running, but without lens correction)

I brought a couple of these back home

One notable thing is that around 4 aircraft didn’t make it due to mechanical problems. That is 4 out of (I think) 13 potentials. That’s a huge %. On top of that maybe another 5-10 cancelled due to the bad wx, which was understandable, when coupled with other factors.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So Peter how many actually made it to Brac?

KHTO, LHTL

There were 23 at the table you were sitting at

Administrator

Just curious how many aircraft made it to the fly-in?

KHTO, LHTL

I posted the pics taken by Anna further back in this thread. That’s all I know.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

The wind was light – probably 3kt or so – but the brain-dead misreading of a windsock is not something I want to do again.

In fairness, the windsock was effectively limp, and you identified it the ‘error’ (if it was an error) before commencing the take off run and decided it wasn’t a factor.

As limp as the windsock was, I’d have taken whichever runway suited me the best.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

The wind was very light at that point, yes, but it wasn’t not much earlier

Re who else turned up, sometimes people fly to fly-ins but don’t join the group. This time, the only person I know about was my passenger on the way down there, an ex BA pilot, why flew back by airline after a few days (I got there 10 days before the fly-in, as described earlier, to go on to Greece to a wedding but sadly cancelled that part of the trip) because he had to be back home.

I think the wx was about the worst we have ever had on a fly-in, yet quite a lot of people turned up. It was a case of not knowing till the day if it could be flown, and then looking for a gap in the wx, and it was really super that so many made the effort

Administrator

I finally had time to Download pictures from my camera

Last Edited by C210_Flyer at 29 Sep 21:25
KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message