Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

Just checked your figures and if 67Euros is their landing fee and if Avgas is 2.09 E/Lt it is not worth going out of ones way for gas or customs. Its best just to leave the EU if departing from Hungary through Sarmellek since its not a 100 Euro call out each way. It seems they get you coming and going. I guess all those meetings with black limos with blue lights on top does pay off for the various countries.

KHTO, LHTL

blueline wrote:

As LHSM Sarmellek has been mentioned – don’t know about recent AVGAS prices there, but otherwise a really great “international” airport with hardly any scheduled traffic and therefore minimal hassle for GA.

Yes last time I went through there I felt like the pricing back in the states. Every Customs and Imm person has been helpful and cheerful, compared to the ones back in the States.

KHTO, LHTL

@C210_Flyer @blueline

LHSM is one hour extra flying for me each way. LHTL is less of a detour.

Hajdúszoboszló LHHO

EuroGA members will receive 50% discount for services at LDSB during fly-in regardless their affiliation with AOPA.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Nice!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Emir,

nowhere on their website do Brac mention that AOPA discount. Why not? Possible it doesn’t exist?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Emir and I have it in writing

It took about 24hrs to organise it all. And no small thanks to the ever efficient Anna who works there.

It is even better. The discount will apply to everybody on the fly-in, even if they aren’t AOPA members.

They have a 30,000 litre avgas tank but will need to know the estimated fuel requirement nearer the time.

BTW the AOPA discount does exist anyway. I got it last year, for example.

Administrator

Again: why don’t they mention the AOPA discount in their fees and charges document?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Why not phone them up (or email) and ask them?

Most of Greece does it too (for some charges) but they don’t publish it.

Brac is a super airport. One of the best in Europe.

The only issue (for me) is the 1400Z closing time (except Saturday when it’s later) which makes it tight to reach from Shoreham. But they offer an extension option which is c. €50 for one hour. I have “booked it” but never had to actually use it, so didn’t get charged. On the way down there, passing say Pula in the descent and with say 100nm to run, and knowing pretty accurately the ETA for Brac, I get Pula Radar (or the current radar controller; might be Split Radar) to phone Brac with my ETA, so they can cancel the extra time option.

Administrator

boscomantico wrote:

Again: why don’t they mention the AOPA discount in their fees and charges document?

There’s link http://airport-brac.hr/wordpress/aopa/ (Partner & Business → Private General Aviation → AOPA) but it seems that someone changed the content – I sent info to airport.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message