Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Summer 2014 Fly-In - Corsica 5-8 September

Having done Mali Losinj and recently Colmar this trip might be one to many for me in one year – will think about it.

Also N2136E at 100 hour check was found to be ‘making metal’ !!!!!

However;-

http://www.booking.com/city/fr/calvi.en.html?aid=308014&label=msn-ICtduHGNExQVo5y_XV2OWg-475523810&utm_campaign=France&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=bing&utm_term=calvi

Colmar, Alsace is a very good destination – the ladies would love the ‘old town’.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

Colmar was nice indeed last week. The ladies will love it. Here a picture impression of the PPLIR social event in Colmar: https://www.flickr.com/photos/terwelle/sets/72157645547372952/

Corsica is very nice and would love to join. Propriano is also a nice airfield right next to the beach but Calvi would be more appropriate I guess.

EDLE, Netherlands

We are all prudent but CFT still happens. Looks like poor weather and a mountain.

The article is in French, but yesterday, 2 Belgian and a Dutch flying from Calvi to Terni tragically crashed at 1,300 metres. The mountains rise quickly from the coast.

CKN
EGLM (White Waltham)

I have been to Calvi a couple of times and must admit departing first time on runay 18 with a right turn out to sea made me very uneasy, (in the turn could not see the mountain on the west.) The next time I asked ATC for runway 36, this was with a small tail wind, I found this less stressful. I would do it that way anytime with a tail wind up to 10kt.

Hotel:

3 of us are booked into Hotel Lesarbousiers

It is the only one of the 20 or so I contacted which communicated meaningfully (one for example replied with a single question mark and kept doing so) who said they have a reasonable number of rooms for the relevant dates. Currently they have over 20 rooms for 5-7 September. It looks a nice place and is not expensive at all.

Last Edited by Peter at 22 Jul 08:05
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

N2136E (PA28 Arrow) with my self and another co-owner are ‘go’ and in the planning stage.
We have a poss. A/c tech. prob. but trusting that will ‘go away’ !!

Will aim for Hotel Lesarbousiers – but hope they can take a latish cancellation if things go ‘belly-up’.

I’ve just booked 2 x rooms for David Clay (self) and John Parkinson. I used ‘booking.com’ as got all in English.

Three night 5, 6 & 7 September, two rooms @ £405 total = £67.50 each/night = total £202.50 each total.

Breakfast was + £9. Did not see a ‘check’ box for that.

Afraid there is a cancellation charge – noticed that a bit late.

Funny, but ‘booking.com’ said only two rooms left – guess/hope that’s a sales stunt. Sure made me get on and book.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 25 Jul 22:35

Most hotels “release” only 1 or 2 rooms for the online booking sites. It increases room sales – they think!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

“Most hotels “release” only 1 or 2 rooms for the online booking sites. It increases room sales – they think!”

Yep, sort of construed that.
My booking for self and a John Parkinson turned out to be one double and one twin (for some reason!! – I didn’t request it)
We may have a sick aircraft and have to cancel.
There is an immediate active cancellation charge – £85 per room or something.
If we have to cancel, I will offer the rooms before so doing.
If that ‘twin’ of ours is more suitable for say a couple of mates ‘doubling-up’ (saving money) then guess we can get hotel to ‘re-jig’.

Last Edited by WarleyAir at 27 Jul 07:33

Sorry about all the edits above – forgotten how to work that ‘quote’ thing.
Will have to re-read the idiots guide !!!

Sign in to add your message