Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Summer 2014 Fly-In - Corsica 5-8 September

900kg empty, so about 1200kg with full fuel (86 USG – one always fills up after landing) and all the junk.

I know I can’t move it myself except on perfect tarmac, but two easily can. And 3 can move it on almost any grass surface if not actually sunk in.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hello,

A very short video of the GA parking in Calvi (2010). I don’t think it has changed since then.
As you can see, the TB10 is parked on sungrilled grass, we had no problem towing it manually.

Hope this will contribute to convincing Peter!

I’ll keep you informed if I can get there on June 22nd

Last Edited by Alboule at 11 Jun 18:25
Last Edited by Peter at 11 Jun 18:25
LFNR

Calvi responded that they have limited hard parking and that GA planes are parked on the North or South grass. As Alboule and others have mentioned, the “grass” will be hard after a summer of 30-35C.

CKN
EGLM (White Waltham)

OK.

I am setting the dates as: 5-8 September. That should give enough flexibility re weather.

The airport is Calvi LFKC

Last Edited by Peter at 27 Jun 08:36
Administrator

See you at Calvi. Maybe I’ll arrive with new bird

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Any recommendations for a hotel at / near Calvi?

The one on Mali Losinj worked out really well – with people booking nice and early it worked out quite cheap.

Edit: I have emailed a long list of hotels in the Calvi area, asking about room availability. Not including the many silly-priced ones e.g. €200+

Last Edited by Peter at 11 Jul 20:58
Administrator

http://www.hotel-la-signoria.com
Expensive, but very nice. It is not far from the airport, but you would need a ride into Calvi itself for which they might drop you off. They also have a cordoned off part of Calvi beach with deck chairs on the sand and lunch. Nicer than La Villa IMHO. Both of these are top end hotels. (A bit of a shock to my wife when I then took her to the Village in the mountains which is more …traditional…) edit- silly priced one so don’t bother lookimg up this one. The next 2 below should be better priced

http://www.hostellerie-abbaye.com
On the edge of Calvi town, good place.

http://www.hotelchristophecolomb.com
“Normal” price, you get a room and shower which is basic but correct. When I was there, I really just needed a place to sleep so it served my purpose. It is just by the Citadel.

I suggest using tripadvisor or something similar to get reviews, pics and reservations for the above or other choices you may see as early September is still the holiday season so you may get better deals. There are quite a few places squashed into Calvi which are no doubt good and some in the surrounding areas but you then need a car and whilst there are taxis, it can be limited.

Last Edited by CKN at 12 Jul 07:09
CKN
EGLM (White Waltham)

I used Hotel Le Rocher twice. A good 3-star hotel. Very conveniently located. On foot, it’s two minutes to the marina, five minutes to the Citadel and five minutes to the beach.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I second he Abbaye
We stayed there 3 weeks ago and liked it very much, also the location is great for the harbour bars/restaurants

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

La Signoria publishes no email and its web message form crashes

The rest I have just emailed.

The preliminary indications are that rooms will be available i.e. it is nowhere near a total no-go situation (like e.g. Friedrichshafen used to be, or still is unless you want to pay €200/night).

Administrator
Sign in to add your message