Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter issues and questions (merged)

This is a long standing issue, also relevant to destinations which are aggressive on slot timing enforcement and cancel a flight plan whose ETA doesn’t hit the slot e.g. Aero Friedrichshafen. I asked Achim many times but being able to manually change the EET is apparently not a “software-philosophically pure” function (along with supporting the Back button on a web browser – another long standing issue). So for such flights I file the flight plan using EuroFPL.eu which allows you to enter whatever you like for the EET, and Eurocontrol allows quite a big leeway.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you want to have a leg between “point1” and “point2” which may not be straight and have a longer-than-direct flight time, you should be able to use STAY. I haven’t tried STAY for this particular purpose, but I don’t see why it shouldn’t work. It is a much better solution than entering a zigzag route.

In Vladimir’s case it would be something like

route point1 VFR STAY1/hhmm point2 DCT

In item 18: STAYINFO1/explanation

It should also work in tschnell’s case with VFR airwork in the beginning.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
It should also work in tschnell’s case with VFR airwork in the beginning

Indeed, it does. I thought the STAY parameter was purely for IFR (and, in fact, that was what the AR support said when I discussed the issue with them) – but I just tried it: Such a plan validates, and the EET changes with the duration of the STAY.

Thank you for bringing this up!

Last Edited by tschnell at 14 Oct 09:49
Friedrichshafen EDNY

DLE/xxx#### should also work.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Great, I will use it next time.

For today I called Skyguide and told them to change the flight plan to 0135. On arrival at Locarno I was told that there was an alarm in the tower because I was more than 30 minutes late. I told them I change the flight plan on the phone and they said they received a change but thought I changed the destination to Bern (my alternate). I could not understand why they would get my flight plan and expect me if they thought I was going to Bern and why didn’t they read the message correctly.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Just got this again, but different.

I tried to bring forward a 1400Z FP (LFBH-EGKA) to 1330. It said “unknown error”. Going to the telegram interface and doing /plans showed that the FP had been deleted but the 1330 replacement not filed.

Luckily I was able to file the original for 1330.

Weird…

I did this with a laptop, not a phone, so it cannot be an android issue.

Basically, for me, this tool cannot be relied on to do anything except a straight FP filing. Any subsequent manipulation seems to fail, most of the time.

Administrator

I always use Telegram’s EOBT, sometimes up to five times for the same flight (as passengers get later and later), and often to bring the time forward, and I find it completely reliable.

Maybe you should accept the advice given consistently throughout this thread to use Telegram to change EOBT, and then maybe it would become as reliable for you as it appears to be for the rest of us.

EGKB Biggin Hill

Same code, surely. Just a different user interface.

Has the web interface become undocumented?

They must be aware of this.

Maybe something in my account config.

Administrator

Autorouter is the best!
Yesterday’s flight over the alps to SZG was on the verge of challenging so precise planning was required – did everything in Autorouter. Weather, Notams, Performance etc…the day before. Automatically got an updated briefing package via email and telegram in the morning. Subsequently used telegram to delay flight plans. Works perfectly!
And it’s free!

Last Edited by Snoopy at 22 Oct 22:18
always learning
LO__, Austria

Autorouter is the best!

Agree, definitely

Even GFS interpretation is sometimes a bit optimistic, on Friday it was absolutely precise in predicting the icing (the area was exactly forecasted and the altitude was missed by few hundred feet which is basically nothing). All other forecasts were predicting convective weather (which didn’t happen) while AR forecasted icing in layered clouds within occluded front (which actually happened).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message