Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying in the empty skies / getting back in the air during/after the corona shutdown

Polish people: What do you do if you have no smartphone? How do they track you?

Also, spoofing a phone’s GPS location is fairly easy, ask any kid that has played Pokemon Go.

ESME, ESMS

Dimme wrote:

Also, spoofing a phone’s GPS location is fairly easy, ask any kid that has played Pokemon Go.

And what about if you were to, well, um…leave the phone at home when you go out…..

Few things if one is taking precision GPS+Selfie while flying:
- Know your look & makeup limits and familiarise yourself with the selfie position
- Before taking the selfie: Do RAIM check on gov website or phone (no need with HDR WAAS)
- While taking the selfie: check that LOI+INTEG are not shown and that you have LPV not LNAV

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 May 22:14
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Dimme wrote:

Police would come once a day, call and ask to show yourself in the window. This is how it worked in the beginning. With 270k people in quarantine at peak, it was a lot of work. App was released on March 19th to relieve them.

I understand one can spoof GPS, but then one can forge documents too. Question is if you want to do it.

LPFR, Poland

A wind farm thingy. Note what looks like a firewall between the two transformers. Never thought wind would make enough electricity to set fire to something

Not going A to B, this is about all one can do.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Issued by UK CAA yesterday, CAP 1919.
https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP%201919%20GA%20return%20to%20service%20safety%20checklist.pdf

CAP1919 local copy

Advise on what to do AFTER we resume flying.

EGTR

Herewith guidance from the FFPLUM on resumption of flying. It beggars belief that not one of the UK associations has shown a similar initiative. What on earth are the AOPA, BGA, BMAA, BAeA et al lawyers doing with our money?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

Herewith guidance from the FFPLUM on resumption of flying. It beggars belief that not one of the UK associations has shown a similar initiative. What on earth are the AOPA, BGA, BMAA, BAeA et al lawyers doing with our money?

I think that the difference is that in France, there have been actual LAWS passed which have specifically ALLOWED certain activities, so all the associations for all activities (not just GA) have had no choice but to actually prove they are OK to LEGALLY pursue their activities within the current LAW (remember,France is still locked down to 100km). In the UK you CAN DO something unless it is specifically BANNED, and my reading of the UK situation is that other than social shaming, going to fly has never been banned. The GUIDANCE from the CAA was actually much more restrictive than the rules allowed.

Regards; SD..

I am not sure that is quite the case.

In any civilised country, laws must be prohibitive, and all that’s not banned is allowed.

I think the difference between say France and the UK is that in France they specifically banned a wide range of stuff, while in the UK they banned some things (like cafes had to shut) and the rest was down to “essential” which was never fully defined because it cannot be defined without ridiculous side effects, like can’t you go and feed a horse, and if you allow a horse to be fed, what if it a donkey? My guess is that in France feeding the horse would actually be illegal but obviously people will still leave their house, in the dark perhaps, and do it.

Unfortunately the ambiguities in the UK GA situation has shown the UK GA community to be its own worst enemy… like at all other times actually

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

My guess is that in France feeding the horse would actually be illegal but obviously people will still leave their house, in the dark perhaps, and do it.

Actually, no. Animal welfare was one of the reasons you could leave your house, and Vets were open for emergency cases.
ISTR there was a hoo-ha about certain Pet-shops at the beginning?…or was that the UK? Possibly both…its beginning to blend now…

Regards, SD..

Sign in to add your message