Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your flying year, 2013

CPL (with ATPL credit)

Wow, congrats. Beside the need to have a class 1 medical, what are your intentions? I think FI is an option because it requires CPL theory.

EDXQ

With about 25 hours total very few hours compared to most here

I wouldn’t worry about that.

There are a few hundred pilots from all over Europe who read EuroGA every day. I see the stats. I doubt most of them are anywhere near 100hrs/year… It’s just that the regular writers on EuroGA tend to do a lot of hours.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Guys: what does this word “sorties” mean?

Mission, trip, flight etc

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

€350 for a PA28, well, what PA28… there are several. For an Arrow or IFR Archer, yea, that is about it.

About chartering the Citation…. friend of mine has just done that. His employer was more than happy to do it so he went off with his girl for 2 days. Said in the end, costs were less than if he had chartered an IFR twin out of that homebase as it took considerably less time to get there and he was charged pure cost only.

We calculate approximately €240 for the Mooney ex ZRH, but it is VFR only (for now). Reckon it will go up to about €300 by the time it gets IFR.

Flight time this year was rather disappointing with weather and off days not cooperating…

Total: 44 hours VFR, all on Mooney M20C.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 19 Dec 09:53
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

So in 2013, I flew on 2 types: C172 and Europa XS
- 70 hours total
- IFR: 11
- IMC: 2
- night: 1 hour
- landings: 110

Belgium

@muelli, thx I made it just for the pocket ;-)

When everything go on my nerves I left to south afrika and start a bush flying busniss ;-)

EDAZ

Come on, you like the pain!

EDXQ

My totals for 2013:

- 96 hours total
- IFR: 70 hours
- Night: 3 hours
- Landings: 89
- 28 different destinations

My flying year looks to be over unless I am lucky enough to get insurance clearance onto another aircraft on Monday. Fingers crossed. Certainly my strip flying is over for 2013 given the state of the strip. :-(

Never mind. I have loads of interesting (well to me they are interesting) trips planed for 2014 and will be happy if I achieve just 50% of them.

Always looking for adventure
Shoreham

Off skiing for the rest of the year, so here’s my final stats:

Grand total hrs: 72.6
VFR hrs: 72.6
VMC hrs: 72.6 ;-)
PIC hrs: 25
Aerodromes landed at: 12
Countries: 3
A/C Types: 2

Mind you, this is my 2013 finals but also “life-to-date”.

I wish everyone happy flying in 2014!

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
Sign in to add your message