Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Coverage and data comparison SkyDemon / EasyVFR (ex. PocketFMS)

Airborne_Again wrote:

In that case you should complain.

I really don’t care enough for a product I don’t use, don’t own, to suggest or complain about anything. Besides, it’s not like I don’t know where the airfields are around here. It’s simply the logic of lacking airfields here suggests lacking airfields other places.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving wrote:

it’s not like I don’t know where the airfields are around here

Can you say in which region you are and an example airport? I will probably try both products and I can check if there is a change they made or still missing.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

So how can you say the airfields are missing if by your own admission you never used the product properly?! You certainly seem to care enough in order to adamantly state the “airfields you know aren’t there…”

Last Edited by Shorrick_Mk2 at 03 Aug 15:37

I used to use PocketFMS for many years and later EasyVFR. But I do not like the user experience of those products. They both feel as if they have an “old” user interface. As of lately I have switched to SkyDaemon. I much prefer its user interface. So even though EasyVFR might offer more features I still prefer SkyDaemon since I think it is easier to use and it feels like a more modern product.

ESTL

This is getting nowhere. Everybody should just try the apps and get the one that feels best, for whatever reason. I was just Reporting my experience, and I have nothing more to say.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Last Edited by Shorrick_Mk2 at 04 Aug 04:50

Never used PFMS or EVFR but I really like SkyDemon

it’s available as a Windows program, ios program (iphone and ipad), android program and web interface (any platform) with could saving capapbilities as well as local saving capabilities.

As LeSving said, the easiest would be to take a trial of both and see for yourself what you like best ?
I did buy ANP and ditched it and try Jepp FD VFR but did not like it.

Last Edited by PapaPapa at 04 Aug 10:04
ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

Hi all,
DO not how it works in skydemon but the PFMS marshals have always been very helpful in correcting or adding info. Realised a few years ago the glider sectors in my area was not part of the data. A email to the local marshal and the info was added in a matter of days.

ESG..., Sweden

This is getting nowhere. Everybody should just try the apps and get the one that feels best, for whatever reason. I was just Reporting my experience, and I have nothing more to say.

It’s absolutely fair if everyone reports their own experience, but for the sake of this thread, let’s not assume there’s tons of airfields missing in SkyDemon, shall we? I have never come across this complaint before and myself I’ve never found any airfield missing (so far, my experience). Shorrick_Mk2’s suggestion that it may have to do with the filtering options (based on runway length, field type, etc.) that are available is reasonable and LeSving has conceded that he has not tested the product throuroughly enough to rule that out. So as long as we don’t have a single, valid example, I just don’t think it is fair towards SkyDemon to conclude that there are airfields missing on a large scale.

DO not how it works in skydemon but the PFMS marshals have always been very helpful in correcting or adding info.

The same with SkyDemon – while I find they sometimes have their “own way” and consider some interesting user suggestions not in line with their product strategy (fair enough), they’re certainly quite fast and responsive if any missing information is identified. Using their own forum platform is a handy tool to that end.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Sky D….
a small note, the name is very ugly
I don’t want that in my airplane………

pasion por volar
LEVX CERVAL
Sign in to add your message