Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Coverage and data comparison SkyDemon / EasyVFR (ex. PocketFMS)

Most Swiss pilots east of the Röstigraben would know Weggis that is…

I know the place in general but never thought about exactly where it is in accordance to Buochs. And standing at the holding point of runway 25, concentrating on the flight, I was not in the mood to test my Swiss geography knowledge. Also Weggis was just a hypothetical example of a city given by ATC which could be problematic if not on the map.

Last Edited by Vladimir at 05 Aug 12:46
LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Weggis is now etched in my memory – that music is just………

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

this has derived a bit

But for what regards approahc plates, only some free ones are available in SD (like the french SIA ones can be downloaded).
For all others you have to obtain them some other way.

I don’t know if EVFR has them but then, it would simply mean you should report to your plate or say you don’t know the area.

On my first (and only) flight to Toussus le Noble near Paris, I stated on first contact that it was my first time here because I knew it was not an easy place (under class A at 1500ft AMSL with a lot of inhabited places not to overfly) and it had a lot of traffic. It makes things clearer for everyone and the guy helped me out.

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

IFR approach plates? Or VFR VAC charts?

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

I think all IFR are available free, VFR ones some are free (France) some not (CH; DE).

I was asking about SD. It is a paid subscription so I’ve already paid.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

So most Swiss pilots would know

Depends on your definition of “know”, I’d know it is somewhere in the center of switzerland, but that’s about it.

LSZK, Switzerland

tomjnx wrote:

I’d know it is somewhere in the center of switzerland, but that’s about it.

Well yea, but if you plan to fly to Buochs you are bound to have a look at the approach chart. And it is on there, both in Jeppesen/Botlang and the Swiss ones

If you use Easy VFR and click and hold LSZC, it will show Weggis in the list of places to append the flight plan Just tried and it does.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Swiss and German plates are charged on top of SD yearly price.

Sign in to add your message