Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Insurance companies, premiums, exclusions, etc

thank you Steve6443

I have contacted them, let’s see what they offer

Rgrds

Hi All,

I hope I can get some advice and figures on insurance costs from other owners and previous experiences.
Our story, we have a 2001 C182 with 8 people in the group.
Been staying with the same company for years now and it looks like they are not doing us any favours with recent quotes.

Can you tell me what are you paying for your insurances on similar types, etc.

Best Regards!

Phil

Evo400

I have read good reports of Viscover in the UK and I had a good experience with Finserve.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

UK’s biggest insurer is Haywards.

Like most firms they have a habit of increasing their prices from time to time by quite a lot and then when you get a competitive quote they bring them back down So I have stayed with them. I pay GBP 2800 for my TB20, 195k hull cover agreed value, one named pilot, CPL/IR with 2k hrs (though I think above 500hrs it makes no difference). Having eight pilots might increase the premium quite a bit especially if some are low hours.

They are definitely a reputable company so give them a call.

Not all insurers are reputable and some are known for dirty tricks especially on agreed-value cases.

But then I am assuming the OP can use UK insurers. He might be anywhere! Light GA insurance rarely works cross-border.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
I am assuming the OP can use UK insurers

@Peter_I: I was thinking along the same line. T/S could do worse things than to tell us in what country the plane is registered. The more so that her/his profile doesn’t offer any hints.

I had a good experience with Finserve.

@Peter_II : does this relate to the Antwerp based broker? I once contacted them and, though they could not make me a useful offer, I have a positive memory.

Last Edited by at 01 Mar 16:44
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Apologize for not saying the reg, the aircraft is on a G-reg and UK insurer. ( Crispin Speers Brokers in London)

Most of us are 350+ hours.

I will try to get a quote from Haywards and see what they say.

Evo400

Peter wrote:

Light GA insurance rarely works cross-border.

Where do you get that ?

I have NEVER insured in France and for the last few years, best cover/cost has been through a German broker.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Visicover are building up a good reputation and quite easy to get an online quote.

I previously used Trafford’s for many years. They have been very good and were price competitive until Visicover came along.

KHWD- Hayward California; EGTN Enstone Oxfordshire, United States

Visicover beat my Haywards quotes two years in a row and didn’t try to grab back premium at the next renewal. Very easy to amend quote online. Seemingly comparative cover.

Last Edited by Alex_ at 01 Mar 17:54
Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

Just leaved AXA (and broker) with my 182.
Asked for many quotations at many brokers, and the fact is they don’t all offer the same things.

The aircraft is 195k€, insured in Europe for all pilots with 200hr+ (Renting)
Best offer was from Verspieren (French broker), but they sell contract from Catlin which is a UK company. I should add it is an AOPA program with some little “extra cover”

Premium: 3790€ (Refund if no crash deduced)
Deductible: 1250€

I paid 4700€ with AXA last year (refund deduced). So the benefit is significant.

Last Edited by PetitCessnaVoyageur at 01 Mar 18:38
Sign in to add your message