Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

airways wrote:

Waiting for better times…

That hangar floor should motivate everyone to clean the belly of that Mooney

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

That hangar floor should motivate everyone to clean the belly of that Mooney

If the size of your own belly allows this; sure, why not ?

EBST, Belgium

airways wrote:

If the size of your own belly allows this; sure, why not ?

She sits very low not sure if I am up to the task

A „new“, old aircraft for the club: 1965 Piper Cherokee 180C. Flies nicely. One hour to the northeast of Frankfurt today. Have to learn that Aviydyne IFD440 now though…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 11 Apr 17:19
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I just saw this one, low VFR in style: rainbow was following us from Exumas to Florida

Last Edited by Ibra at 13 Apr 10:10

boscomantico wrote:

A „new“, old aircraft for the club: 1965 Piper Cherokee 180C. Flies nicely. One hour to the northeast of Frankfurt today. Have to learn that Aviydyne IFD440 now though…

Warning: thread drift.
That’s nice avionics for a Cherokee 180. Have you flown it with the a/p? I’m interested in your experience with the G5/GFC500/IFD440 combination. I have a G5/IFD combination in my 172 XP and am considering replacement of the Stec-30 with a GFC500.

LSZK, Switzerland

@chflyer: Yes, I have used it quite a bit, since we also have the GFC500 in the Debonair. And soon, we will also put it into the 172.

I would say that the GFC500 is all you could ever wish for in an SEP.

Here is another video I made:

Here it is, flying a solid ILS, in quite bumpy condtions.

It is very similar to the Avidyne DFC90. And likely even more similar to the GFC700, but I don’t have any experience with it.
Rock solid on HDG,NAV and ALT, good turn anticipation of course changes (GPSS), IAS climbs, envelope protection, etc.

What it will cost you depends very much on what you already have in your airplane. Always easy to spend more money. Whilst it is possible to operate it with just one G5, at that point, it just makes sense to get a second one and get rid of the ancient vacuum system. But then you need servos, a magnetometer, etc.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Went for a flight yesterday from ESME to ESGP and back. Great weather as most of the recent days.

ESME, ESMS

Some pics from a formation photo flight yesterday

The other guy’s pics (of mine) are better because he got the prop correctly blurred.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The other guy’s pics (of mine) are better because he got the prop correctly blurred.

That’s true, but I would disagree that they’re better than yours. His are backlit and covered in dust spots

EDLN/EDLF, Germany
Sign in to add your message