Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

National CAA policies around Europe on busting pilots who bust controlled airspace (and danger areas)

DFS will certainly not say „clear to cross“ as that might be construed as an ATC clearance. They will rather inform you that „you may cross“ or something like that.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

DFS will certainly not say „clear to cross

I expect you are right. Probably it’s “You can cross”.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Timothy wrote:

The vast majority (but far from all) DAs, RAs, TRAs and PAs touch the ground.

You can’t stop calling them Danger Areas and start calling them Danger Zones. Think what would happen on the RT (references to highways, etc. ;-)

Anyway, a DZ is already a drop zone.

Not surprised by the reaction to your question. I have had this sort of reaction from various ‘in the system’ types, right from day 1 in aviation. There is a certain personality type within the aviation system that cannot consider a question on a technicality of the rules without sharing, very forcefully, their opinion of what you should be doing. Sometimes the opinion accompanies the answer, but usually it comes instead of it because the opinion-giver doesn’t know the answer. It is an unfortunate fact of life that those who are most sure of themselves are usually the most ignorant.

EGLM & EGTN

I thought one catchall is, can you confirm if it is “cold”?

So, the next question is why DAs with byelaws are not RAs?

EGKB Biggin Hill

I thought one catchall is, can you confirm if it is “cold”?

Do byelaws not apply when they are cold?

I must say, I now feel less stupid for asking

EGKB Biggin Hill

What byelaws do you have in mind?

Fuji_Abound wrote:

What byelaws do you have in mind?

Byelaws made under the Military Lands Act 1892. Keep up

EGKB Biggin Hill

What I meant is that if the DA is declared cold what byelaw breach would result in a consequence.

That was my question. Does being told it’s cold remove our obligations under the bye-laws? Does any of us know?

EGKB Biggin Hill
Sign in to add your message