Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

National CAA policies around Europe on busting pilots who bust controlled airspace (and danger areas)

Article 235 production of documents and records

If the owner / operator refuses to name the PIC they will go after the owner / operator

This happens on infringements when club aircraft owner operators get the initial letter

Last Edited by MattL at 04 Mar 18:39
Posts are personal views only.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom

“The pilot will be required to take the CAA online infringement test”
Disagree. I got forgiven. Does that statement refer to completing the CAA voluntary online information form? (Which I did.)
Interesting legal position if guilt was automatic.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Guilt is “automatic” in the sense that if you don’t do anything to defend your position (and usually you can’t anyway especially as none of the radar and ATC data will be made available to you, unless you go to court) you will get whatever process they want to give you, which in the absence of co-operation is likely to be a license suspension.

The CAA has stopped publishing the infringement data. The last lot is November/Dec

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The CAA has stopped publishing the infringement data.

More like: The CAA has changed the URL: https://airspacesafety.com/statistics/

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

Thanks

That’s hilarious. The old site is still up and there is no link I can see pointing to the new one… Draw your own conclusions? Let me move euroga.org to i-wonder-if-you-can-find me-euroga.org and see how long it takes to get the numbers back up

Gasco continues to do well out of it:

Administrator

Peter wrote:

That’s hilarious. The old site is still up and there is no link I can see pointing to the new one… Draw your own conclusions? Let me move euroga.org to i-wonder-if-you-can-find me-euroga.org and see how long it takes to get the numbers back up

Why would they feel the need to move it?

News just out today:

Gasco have lost CAA infringement course contract. It has been taken over by former CAA employee who has formed Astral Aviation Consulting Ltd.

This business of punishing pilots for CAS/DA/etc busts must be lucrative, to get 19 bidders!

Looks like this very pleasant ex RAF guy.

2 years in the CAA.

Administrator

Very welcome news.

It was as mad as a bag of frogs that GASCo ever involved themselves in this charade.

(mind you does this expressly indicate that GASCo has lost the entire contract?).

Last Edited by Fuji_Abound at 18 Mar 20:52

and why would you place a contract with a company setup only last year and no track record at all?

Is there any company with a track record in successfully re-educating people to prevent re-offending?
Perhaps an AA style system? But with the meetings online?
“I’m George, and I haven’t touched an airspace boundary for 21 months now.”

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message