Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

National CAA policies around Europe on busting pilots who bust controlled airspace (and danger areas)

Maoraigh wrote:

“I’m George, and I haven’t touched an airspace boundary for 21 months now.”

Yesss!!! :))))))))

EGTR

Fuji_Abound wrote:

and why would you place a contract with a company setup only last year and no track record at all?

Ask Chris Grayling! :-)

Andreas IOM

Ex RAF.
Ex CAA.
That’s how the world goes round and round.
The current head of the CAA is the former head of the RAF.
That’s how the world goes round and round.

It reminds me of this, from just a few miles away from my place of birth

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yep, agreed. Probably I was just wondering if it was the correct company I had checked on, but then again why was I surprised!

Maoraigh wrote:

I’m George, and I haven’t touched an airspace boundary for 21 months now.

This just made my day

Semi-serious question: is there any reason why you can’t have two transponders installed? Mode A for the UK and mode S for the civilised world.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Capitaine wrote:

This just made my day

Same here.

Is the course fee fixed by the CAA ?

LFOU, France

Someone somewhere will be smiling at all this without a trace of irony, believing it contributes to the overall good because there is now another aviation-related business issuing invoices and being paid.

Certainly provides options for ex-RAF / ex-CAA people, which as far as the establishment is concerned can only be a good thing.

Perhaps they looked at the situation with the GASCo courses and felt the only problem with the setup was that it wasn’t a profitable business for anyone. Why funnel private citizens money into a charity when you could funnel it into your friends pockets!

Last Edited by Graham at 19 Mar 10:56
EGLM & EGTN

There must be a limit on how many ex RAF or ex CAA people can be absorbed by Uavionix so this was probably logical

I reckon too many questions were being asked of the Gasco “charity”, too. That too was headed by an ex RAF guy, and the presenters were mostly ex RAF AFAICT, but the whole thing became a red hot potato, largely thanks to EuroGA (the debates were squashed on the other UK sites).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

“I’m George, and I haven’t touched an airspace boundary for 21 months now.”

Peter wrote:

There must be a limit on how many ex RAF or ex CAA people can be absorbed by Uavionix so this was probably logical

ROTFL..!!

Sign in to add your message