Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Slovenia has a limit on group size of 2 people, which is enforced, with a fine of €1,000 per person. The local police were staking out the town church/graveyard on Sunday, so are actively trying to catch people.

Entry and quarantine requirements are here https://www.gov.si/en/topics/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/border-crossing/

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

I meant some pilots “misunderstood” the law and go to the airfield despite is being illegal.

There is alot of that about this time… and I think that the Gendarmes dont want the hassle with the general law abiding public…
If it were not for the fact that so many highstreet businesses are shut, you wouldnt really see a difference out here in the countryside.

Regards, SD..

Jujupilote wrote:

No, I meant some pilots “misunderstood” the law and go to the airfield despite is being illegal. It is a controlled field so flying would be too obvious
I absolutely agree that driving/walking with household members should be allowed and it makes us crazy, but you now the French

There are few police checks but this time I am in Paris and I saw some. Don’t want to risk the fine.

Usually, those who “misunderstood” the law = those happy to pay the fine

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Usually, those who “misunderstood” the law = those happy to pay the fine

No, this time I think it is more of a “Gallic Shrug” kind of thing whereby the rules are there, but…

From Peter’s link:
“There’s different guidance for Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales”

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Note that FFA and the others don’t seem to push much for lockown exceptions, like in April.
Probably most clubs make do in a discreet fashion

LFOU, France

Shoreham is doing the decent thing and remaining open – unlike some which are screwing based owners again because they can’t open the cafe…

HM Government updated the Coronavirus (COVID-19): General Aviation guidance on 4 November. Prior to the announcement of the national 4-week lockdown, the Airport company had already consulted upon and implemented a plan to provide resilience and continuity in the ATC service and RFFS throughout the autumn/winter. The full text of the guidance issued can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-general-aviation/coronavirus-covid-19-general-aviation
The Airport will remain open for the range of flight operations set out in the guidance. The Airport will be open daily from 0800-1800 Mon-Fri and 0900-1800 at weekends. The robust COVID-19 mitigation measures applied ‘airside’ and for visits to the Airport Terminal remain in place. Please note that face coverings are required when visiting the Fire Station and inside the Airport Terminal. It is expected that responsible owners and operators shall have completed their own risk assessment for planned air operations at the Airport and will respect the guidance/golden rules issued by the government. NOTAMs have been issued explaining the revised opening hours, the ATC service available and the need to provide 24 hours’ notice should RFFS Category 2 be required for a flight.
We have Jet A1 and AVGAS available and payment must be made by card or on account. The Hummingbird restaurant will be providing a Take-Away Service until 2 December and will be open each weekday between 0830 and 1430 and 0900 to 1430 at weekends
We plan to support those who need to fly throughout the autumn/winter and would like to remind aviators to note the PPR, read the EGKA NOTAMs for the latest information and be cognisant of the public information campaign to help prevent the R numbering increasing: HANDS, FACE, SPACE.

Lydd is also open; flew an ILS there the other day.

The FFA is aeroclubs only, no? What can private owners do in France?

I hope this doesn’t damage Le Touquet too much; it is self funding. Do French airports get some govt help?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

FFA is aeroclubs only yes. A private owner can fly for business, so I guess if he flies from A to B, he shouldn’t have any problem.

As of Le touquet, they reduce their staff, fire and fue truck are PPR (Gov pays the salaries). ATC is paid by DGAC. It is self funded but still belongs to some local public entities.

I would be most worried by fully private airports, like Shoreham. Are there bizjets ?

LFOU, France

Peter wrote:

The FFA is aeroclubs only, no? What can private owners do in France?

I hope this doesn’t damage Le Touquet too much; it is self funding. Do French airports get some govt help?

I recall LeTouquet was the only airport that seemed under treat of closure or restricted mouvement (it was Notamed Commercial & Medical only at some point) but it seems open now for “private flying with valid reason”, it seems for LeTouquet they need at least some staff to operate the airport to keep it open unlike other “public airports”?

https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/887403/article/2020-11-02/l-aeroport-du-touquet-ouvert-uniquement-pour-les-vols-commerciaux-et-sanitaires?
https://www.lavoixdunord.fr/886332/article/2020-10-30/confinement-ouvert-ferme-l-aeroport-du-touquet-n-pas-encore-de-consignes-claires?

The rest of airport are just open, Aeroclub are closed, private owners can fly for their reasons (check FR24, JetPhotos or PlaneSpotters*), at the moment I think Toussus LFPN seems really active but only for commercial schools, I am thinking of getting CPL+ME/IR+MOC as excuse to fly

*While private owners don’t appreciate FR24 tracks of aircraft in middle of the lockdown, let alone a high resolution picture of their aircraft and probably their face inside (funny it was pointed to me by someone else ), I wonder how much PlaneSpotting is “essential travel” these days? but maybe like “chasse & peche” hunters, they have the most powerful lobby in France/US/UK…

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Nov 11:40
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I think Shoreham is safe. They have furloughed some people, and there is a fair bit of activity.

I have almost never seen any activity at the LFAT aeroclub in the 20 years I have been flying there…

I am sure those who don’t want to be seen by any tracking site will just turn off their transponder.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message