Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Well I couldnt help myself.
With access to a friends aeroplane that hasnt flown since the day before lockdown (4weeks) I decided to drive the 5mins up the road and go flying, I limited myself to a few circuits and a quick local tour within 20km of my house. Saw a couple of people working on aeroplanes in the hangars, but I was the only one that flew. I did hear a couple of others on 123.5 obviously doing the same thing at other aerodromes though.

Regards, SD..

Plenty of air traffic today around Paris

LFOU, France

Very little traffic today due to very marginal VMC, and the first guy who took off for circuits got ramp checked by gendarmes after landing.
The new attestation requires to only fly with people from your , even with masks. But nobody has flown for a month, I don’t know how clubs will react.

LFOU, France

Saturday weather was perfect at Inverness EGPE, and the flying school seemed to have all their aircraft flying. I did the LAA Permit Airtest on the Bolkow Junior.
Today, Sunday, I again drove the 50+ miles to the airport and flew the Jodel, with a pax The flying school seemed again busy.
This area of Scotland has little Covid-19, and little restriction. Both days there were visiting aircraft.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Just checked for my 20km choices in France, Lognes where my aeroclub sits and can fly solo without checkout given I am still current is out of reach, Toussus where I could rent is inside the circle needs a dual checkout and inside, I just need to move 3km east for things to work

Sadly no A320 TR otherwise Orly seems like a nice deal !

Looks like a nice weekend to log 10h in the Xplane

Last Edited by Ibra at 30 Nov 16:02
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

skydriller wrote:

@LFNHflightstudent will you go out flying “20km” from home/base tomorrow?

Guess, what. Driving it is… unfortunately (or fortunately) the snow has arrived and it looks like we’ll be getting dumped on the whole week here. (just got my tour ski’s fixed this morning since they won’t be opening any lifts it will be strictly touring, to be fair I prefer it like that with no tourists…).
The long drive up to Merville tomorrow to start my multi-engine rating and SE IR to ME IR conversion. Should be done in about 3 weeks time. Will see if I come home in between or not…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Ibra, you would very well be the only one in France strictly complying to the 20km rule

LFHN, why not fly to Merville ? Good luck with the training, I know 2 young FIs up there.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

Ibra, you would very well be the only one in France strictly complying to the 20km rule

I dont think I would be too worried over 3km for a fun flight… An obviously longer trip (40+km) might have me debating with myself if just for pleasure. But if it was my aeroplane that hadnt flown for a month then its irrelevant, It would have flown “on business” after 3 weeks And quite frankly a fine is cheaper than engine maintenance, as I think I said on here the first time around.

Regards, SD..

Jujupilote wrote:

haha, just looking at my choices nearby, there was Issy-les-Moulineaux heliport that would have worked with “generous 1km” restriction
20km is about the size of CTR/CTA Class A or D, I feel it’s done on purpose

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Dec 09:45
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

From here

Thread drift but Guernsey has kept travel restrictions through the summer and has virtually zero infections (2 at present). Jersey allowed, allegedly under pressure from airlines, summer tourist traffic and apparently has over 2,000 cases.

Guernsey life as normal except for quarantine requirements when going abroad and returning.

IOM, Taiwan ROC, NZ, Guernsey seem to have used their island status to their advantage in managing the pandemic.

Not suggesting that any of this is linked to the Guernsey DCA news report.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message