Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

dublinpilot wrote:

So do they expect GARs to be filed for all airline flights from the USA to say France

No, because the GAR is the General Aviation Report and only applies to non-scheduled flights.

Perhaps they expect one for bizjets doing thet same? I think the bizjet operators though would fart in their general direction.

Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

Perhaps they expect one for bizjets doing thet same? I think the bizjet operators though would fart in their general direction

No you just wave ID card or passport on the arrival to LCY

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Mar 13:33
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Bizjets definitely have to do the GAR form, and PHE, if applicable.

Airlines, no, because the entire passenger list with passport etc details is transmitted electronically to the destination country’s police force, before arrival

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Bizjets definitely have to do the GAR form, and PHE, if applicable

Even for those going by Golfstream from Westchester to LCY ?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

By special arrangement with police, anything is possible, but otherwise No.

Administrator

On the previously discussed topic of FAA medicals, this was recently posted on the AOPA Austria website:

“Vaccinations with AstraZeneca or other vaccines lead to the loss of the FAA medical and the loss of the flight authorization!”

However, they revised it on the same day to the wholly speculative

Vaccinations with vaccines other than those mentioned can lead to problems for owners of an FAA medical!

It can be seen here

However, I am advised by an FAA AME (in the US) that the FAA does not care and the question of which one you had (or indeed if you had one at all) is not asked. So this looks like somebody invented a point of concern, as is common in aviation.

Also, someone in Germany contacted the FAA and got this response:

The FAA has only evaluated the Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines. There is no position by the FAA relative to any other vaccines at this point in time. For the three approved vaccines, the person receiving the vaccine has to observe the 48 hour “no fly” / safety period after each dose. If they are exercising the privileges of any FAA pilot certificate and a medical certificate is required for the operation (s), the 48 hour period applies.
FAA has not approved or taken a position on any other of the vaccines that may be out there.

On a topic discussed recently here, I am trying to get police permission to collect some goods from an airport in N France. No refuel. The French airport has confirmed they are OK with it, adding that their police will not even want to passport check me. The UK police is another matter… I am still working on that. I have a previous written reply that refuelling does not trigger a quarantine; I am now trying to get a written response that stopping and getting some goods onto the plane does not trigger the quarantine (which now stands at 10 days, with two CV19 tests during that time, at my expense ).

Administrator

From here

As to nationalistic UK/Brexiteers/EU views in this matter, maybe have a look to US:
FAA Corona

Vic

vic
EDME

@vic post moved to existing thread; see above.

I reckon this is is going to be forgotten otherwise a huge number of FAA licensed pilots around the world would be grounded.

Administrator

From Saturday and for at least 4 weeks, these areas are in lockdown :

It is a realtively easy lockdown, at least for now.
For the rest of France, the curfew is now at 7pm.

The tailwheel flying will have to wait

LFOU, France

I feel sorry for you…

What is interesting is that I am investigating collecting some goods from Caen LFRK, with the French colleague walking up to the plane and handing me the stuff. No refuel needed, obviously. The airport gave permission instantly; no trouble at all.

Getting the equally crucial permission from the UK end (not need a quarantine upon return, obviously) is going to take until 2022, by the looks of it… just started on another loooong email trail.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message