Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

One is not “under US jurisdiction” anywhere in the world just because you are on board an N-reg aircraft.

Certainly not in the UK anyway.

EGLM & EGTN

Peter wrote:

Is a “destination” on land? For example can one fly an instrument approach in France?

That’s an interesting question.

Certainly the EET that one puts in an ICAO FPL is the elapsed time to reach the destination. And by destination they mean the airport overhead, an IAF, or other situable point from which to commence an approach to land, if I remember correctly.

So as far as your ICAO FPL is concerned, you have “arrived” at your “destination” even though you may still be holding over an IAF at 5000 ft.

EDDW, Germany

Did anyone got quarantine or prosecuted for flying an IAP in France without landing from Shoreham?

I flew Calais & Dieppe LPVs without landing with EGMC/EGMC on FPL & GAR, I don’t recall it was an issue and Southend UKBF were around when we landed, friendly chat and asked for TechLog and that’s it

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Mar 13:28
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I have not heard of anyone here getting into trouble, but several pilots expressed concerns to me about the fact that the police refused to give clear assurances that quarantine will not be required after flying an IAP in say France (which would be unbelievable stupidity on the part of the UK authorities).

People have been flying these training flights and have been 100% met by the police upon landing back here, but I have no more info. Well, we know shoplifting is 97% down

Before I did this flight 2 days ago I got this in writing from the police:

Q:

A:

Of course, “remains on a conveyance” is a bit tricky. Airliner crew can do that but I think most airports won’t refuel a GA plane while you are sitting in it. I think LFAT and LFQQ well might, however, in these times. Both told me they will accept CC payment over the phone. But nobody will know whether you were standing next to the plane or sitting in it, when you land back home…

The real risk, as I posted in the foregoing link, is that something goes wrong with the refuel and then you are going to be totally screwed because of airport opening times and the overnight stay. In fact you might be “captured” by the country where you refuelled, and thrown into “solitary” until you deliver 2 negative CV19 tests; this happened to some UK tourists in Italy a while ago (took them months).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Will Jacko be arrested if he lands at Kirkbride and is suspected of intending to fly back to Glenswinton?

Not at all. The statute relevant to such a journey is our old friend and bedside insomnia remedy, The Health Protection (Coronavirus) (Restrictions and Requirements) (Local Levels) (Scotland) Regulations 2020, as amended.

Were he to undertake such a journey , it would doubtless be covered by one or more of the 27 statutory examples of a “reasonable excuse” in Section 3.-(2)(a) to (aa) of Schedule 7A to those esteemed and respected regulations.

Being as how Kirkbride is situated in the historic county of Cumberland, Jacko might have to look no further in that list than 3.-(2)(a)(i) – i.e. as our German-speaking friends might say, to become an eponymous sausage

Last Edited by Jacko at 26 Mar 22:57
Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

“no one may “leave England….”
“to the common travel area of the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland”
Interesting. No mention of travel to Wales or Scotland

Wales and Scotland are part of the CTA so I thought…

Andreas IOM

So did I. But, re-copying Peter’s paste, a restricted area.
“The travel ban does not apply to those going to the common travel area of the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and the Republic of Ireland unless that is not the final destination.”
I was/ still am being facetious.
PS. At Kirkbride only English Law applies.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

At Kirkbride only English Law applies.

Only marginally

I was/ still am being facetious.

That is an art, to do it well on the internet

But yes this stuff is quite ridiculous. It is being produced by pub lawyers, without the benefit of people who draft laws for a living. But that is probably a good thing, otherwise we might end up with regs which actually prohibit a lot of stuff.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

FYI, all instruction flights in France are exempt of the 10km rule, nor the curfew !!
It is on the front page of the FFA website.

Enjoy !

LFOU, France

And that is completely illogical from an infection and transmission point of view… Same as the question on the news the other night :“I live outside Paris, can I pick up my husband from a flight into CDG” – errr, no, legally you cant, he must take public transport with loads of other people or a taxi with a complete stranger…

In the words of Forest Gump “Stupid is as stupid does”…

Edit : @Peter we REALLY need a rolling eyes sarcastic emoji….

Last Edited by skydriller at 28 Mar 17:35
Sign in to add your message