Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Las Vegas tower going Unicom/CTAF (weather looks good feels like airliners landing in Exumas)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thanks for that. I’m going to check if the FAA controllers have checked out of my base too – CTAF would be great tomorrow.

(PS Nope, they’re still there per the current ATIS)

Last Edited by Silvaire at 20 Mar 17:14

Matthew wrote:

Regarding prolongation of certificates for 4 or 8 months, please note this is only valid for commercial certificates, NOT PPL’s, at least for Swedish holders.

It is the national CAAs that make the decision on this, so in principle this could differ from one country to another.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Ibra wrote:

Las Vegas tower going Unicom/CTAF (weather looks good feels like airliners landing in Exumas)

I wonder what that German State Airbus which can be seen multiple times in the video is doing at McCarran.

It is the national CAAs that make the decision on this, so in principle this could differ from one country to another.

Yes of course, so with a Swedish PPL license you are not eligible…

ESSP, Sweden

Peter,
Sure the situation varies. Just as long as folks don’t have the impression that all AMEs have shut up shop.

Of course, pre-existing medical conditions need some surveillance – I was referring to the standard medical requirements.

AME input- it’s a struggle to keep up with the day job but I chip in where I can and where I hope I have some useful input!

J

EGNV and Fishburn Airfield

Rwy20 wrote:

I wonder what that German State Airbus

Well spotted Airbus “Konrad Adenauer”, I think Scholz was playing at Vegas while Merkel is running war room at home ?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Las Vegas tower going Unicom/CTAF

It’s called ‘can-do’ attitude. Sounds pretty much like any uncontrolled field here, just bigger airplanes ;-) That said, they would prob99 have been given a clearance (most likely a SID to an intermediate fix) and a clearance void time by Clearance Delivery. Impressive, nonetheless.

I’m unsure if I should go out flying today. Weather looks nice though. But as a renter I can’t fly without contact to others.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

If it was me, I would try to

• find a plane which nobody has been inside for 3 days
  • wipe external handles etc with alcohol / etc
  • keep a few m away from others at the school (I would think others will be doing the same by now) or just book the whole thing by phone
  • avoid touching any door handles

The 1st item is key to a workable disinfection strategy at home or office, too, because it is very hard to clean everything all the time. When we have food etc delivered we do that with it, except for items which need refrigeration.

You may face a total GA ban so best to make the best of whatever opportunity there is.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message