Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Ridiculous. Sounds like some office person has no idea what they’re doing.

always learning
LO__, Austria

I think with air bnb, depending what the host signs up to, you basically agree to offer refunds pretty much up until they come in, I think there is another tier where they take a higher commision but will effectively cover your loss if the person decides to cancel. So I suspect for airbnb it’ll mostly be loaded on property owners to take the loss, then part insured part covered by the business.

That’s astonishing news from the government adviser if true. It seems to go against what else has been widely stated.

Snoopy wrote:

Ridiculous. Sounds like some office person has no idea what they’re doing.

Yes pretty unsavoury, more so because it is my home airport. Some wee girl stuck this to the aircraft doors as it was announced Flybe were going into administration.

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Too small to read

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

So my trip to the US in April as I said won’t be happening but it seems United will want to keep my money and make me rebook for later in the year if I cancel (but with no change fees). Luckily I (as everyone should) booked with a credit card so I have some more options.

Does anyone know ways around this? I suppose I could tell them I have Corona and then they will be forced to cancel it themselves (entitling me to a refund) but they might require proof. For now I’m gonna wait until it gets closer to the flight date. Maybe they will cancel the flight I’m on altogether.

Sweden

It is Notice of Lien served by the Airport Administration manager. Basically this is now ours until we get paid…..A full blown Dash 8, with some fuel. I think there were 4 of them at Glasgow

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Peter wrote:

Just read that AirB&B and doing 100% refunds. This was really unexpected. Presumably they must have some insurance cover for this. No sign of Booking.com doing the same though, and most hotels will not refund you anyway.

Booking.com and Expedia are telling us hotels owner we HAD to refund not refundable reservations too and we are in no position to say F…Off to them whatever is written in signed contracts .

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

I don’t work with Airb&B but i suppose it’s the same.

Last Edited by ormazad at 15 Mar 10:12
Pegaso airstrip, Italy

MedEwok wrote:

It’s one of the downsides of our interconnected world that fake news and conspiracy theories are so easy to spread but at the same time so hard to disprove and eliminate.

The problem is that most conspiracies are found out by someone formulating it via a theory. The vast majority of the theories are wrong because they have no bases in fact. But then again a few move from being conspiracy theory to conspiracy fact.

The Chinese govt being ever so sensitive to image, are demanding that the long established tradition of naming an infective outbreak to the region first discovered, now change that tradition and call it something else. Gee it sounds so much like political correctness. With that in mind lets rename the West Nile virus, Lyme Disease, Spanish Flu, Ebola, etc etc. Now we shouldnt be “racist” should we?

My take, the reason for all these conspiracy Theories result from people realizing that international news media cant be trusted to give us the facts without spinning it one way or the other. Thats assuming they dont spin by omission. Then you have Govts that dont support those exposing their misdeeds as for instance, J Assange. Never mind real whistle blowers like Snowden and Manning.

So you have a credible information vacuum, which people fill with ideas. Im surprised nobody has made the attempt to say this disease came from Mars and Martians are behind it. Then again it is said that there are certain organic molecules in Comets……

KHTO, LHTL

So those 1500h ATPLs don’t know how to drive tractors? I see a problem with skills you get in an ATO factory vs GA grassroots airstrip

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message