Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Anyone speculating on COVID19 origins should seriously read this (this was written in Sep18 and published Mar19)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6466186/

Biowapon with 0.1% mortality rate on all population, no shit Sherlock?

What that means it is not “something new” and different from SARS, MERS and common colds, just will need time to get used to it, the scale of infection and mortality will be as much as common colds with factors of 1 to 5 depending if people clean their hands or stay at home…

Scale of impact on economy is a different story, we are already at 90% infection levels on economic aspects but things will adjust with time

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Mar 10:16
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Off_Field wrote:

Hasn’t the EU just fined Italy 7million Euros for subsidising hotels or something similar?

I’m an Italian hotel owner .
I have heard nothing till now about states subsidies for tourism ( I’m pretty sure something will be made in the future ) and nothing about a EU fine .

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

Airborne_Again wrote:

It is highly unlikely that the this corona virus is a bioweapon. A bioweapon should have High mortality Low infection rate

What we are seeing now is just the opposite.

A bioweapon should instill terror and paralysis to the target population. I suppose this condition is met 100%.

Look at it this way: If I wanted to take down the world economy to a level where it’s ripe for the picking and at the same time paralyze the society it serves it has done that.

Qui Bono? Those who sit very quietly on the sidelines and are watching us tear each other apart over this. China may be the focal center nr1, (now the focal center is Europe) but that does not mean that it would have to be the origin, actually quite the opposite.

Of course this would mean an attack of unprecedented scale with weapons of mass destruction, the consequences of which I suppose are clear.

I don’t believe this any minute seeing that the Chinese have had this happen before… however, governments in the West need to learn from this one and get their act together for the next one.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

To be honest, I know very few people outside of the agriculture world who carry the standard set of keys to get into farming products.

I suspect the airport knows that it is not illegal for some fly by night character to taxi and fly off with a plane. Well, you would need 2 because these are multi pilot certified

This is a nice simulation

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

It is basic and disregards stuff like herd immunity, and deaths. In reality things are much more complex. But it shows how an epidemic can die out simply by people not hanging out close together for a while. Obviously this works otherwise e.g. Ebola would eventually infect 100% of people.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

BeechBaby wrote:

Yes pretty unsavoury, more so because it is my home airport. Some wee girl stuck this to the aircraft doors as it was announced Flybe were going into administration.

Unfortunately to take security on an aircraft you do have to put a notice like this on the door. And there are lots of examples of people flying out aircraft in the middle of the night paid by the lenders. The airport is just making sure it gets paid.

EGTK Oxford

Interesting decision, unfortunately only published in French and Italian.

Brief, lay, and therefore probably erroneous, synopsis.

• Italian government paid subsidies for tourism projects in Sardinia, some of which commenced before the EU Commission granted permission.
  • ECJ ruled such subsidies illegal and ordered Italian govt. to claw them back.
  • Such recovery (of money received in good faith) is impossible under Italian law.
  • ECJ fined Italy for failing retrospectively to change its law, to ignore natural justice, and to claw back the subsidies which had been received and spent in good faith.

It will be amusing to watch what happens next…

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

JasonC wrote:

The airport is just making sure it gets paid.

Understand however it was the tractors parked behind them that I thought a bit off, over the top and unnecessary

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

“In reality things are much more complex. But it shows how an epidemic can die out simply by people not hanging out close together for a while”

Yes things are non-linear compared to natural catastrophs (e.g. Chernobyl cloud or Tornado) where 10% moved out of the way, means 10% less deaths

If you see 5 people instead of 10 in an epidemic it may make the difference between 5000 deaths and 100millions…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

BeechBaby wrote:

Understand however it was the tractors parked behind them that I thought a bit off, over the top and unnecessary

Agreed but given the need to take “physical control” of the assets, someone prob thought this was the easiest way.

EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message