Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Don’t know what to do about it, but seeing what happens here, the way it’s done now doesn’t work. If now you get up to 40% of folks who will flatly refuse to get vaccined because they think the vaccine contains a chip implant by deep state, then heaven help us.

What you describe is actually one of the main downsides of the “internet age”, where every Joe Bloggs and their mother has the entirety of the world’s knowledge at their fingertips via the Internet. Turns out lack of information was not the problem, rather, it is the inability to categorise, evaluate, sort and interpret this information. That, of course, was already the case before the Internet, but back then the people in question had no access to expert knowledge apart from what was filtered to them via the media or directly from the experts themselves (e.g. if you went to the doctor).

Nowadays us doctors have to put up with people who googled their symptoms and just want a confirmation that they were cleverly able to self diagnose (which works occasionally, with very specific diseases, but mostly not…)

Last Edited by MedEwok at 19 Nov 17:15
Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Germany may be different, but if say your GP has only got 5-10 mins to spend with you, and if you have two different issues you are supposed to make two separate appointments, then one can’t blame anybody with intelligence to do their own research. Also a lot of medical practice is driven by cost constraints e.g. if you want a PSA test, but are asymptomatic, the medical profession goes to great lengths to discourage it. I think it is correct to say, at least for the UK system, that those who do their own “medical due diligence” and drive the process, get the best results.

OTOH if you have a pain in your stomach area and google that, it will probably tell you that you have terminal cancer It will give you a long list which is almost totally useless. So that aspect of the internet works badly.

Anyway, off topic

This looks more encouraging:

I wonder if perhaps they asked a lot of GA pilots? I mean, a “small amount” was probably about £20. Indeed, that is the standard British GA forum “boycott this airport” level.

It does mean that even anti vaxxers can be bought off. Perhaps if you paid people to get vaccinated, the 73% would swing up

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It does mean that even anti vaxxers can be bought off.

I heard a prominent immunologist here say that they no longer call such people ‘anti vaxers’ as that indicates that there is a debate with pro and anti sides. He said because that debate is long over in scientific circles, with the benefits of vaccines accepted in the scientific community, they are now called vaccine deniers.

I think I’ll adopt that too.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

That sounds sensible because anti vaxxers really hate being called that Many of them are really militant.

Administrator

MedEwok wrote:

has the entirety of the world’s knowledge at their fingertips via the Internet. Turns out lack of information was not the problem, rather, it is the inability to categorise, evaluate, sort and interpret this information.

The great German philosopher Rolf Zuckowski (ok, he is a musician and composer of children songs) pointed it out perfectly: “Alle wissen Alles, keiner weiss Bescheid”
(Everybody knows everything, nobody has a clue).

Germany

An interesting overview of the current vaccine products – here

Administrator

As I assume we dont have any on here, can we still call them that.

They are now termed Vaccine Deniers apparently. Evidently personal choice and opinion has been abandoned….

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 20 Nov 16:28
Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Well, how many on EGA would take the Russian Sputnik vaccine?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Evidently personal choice and opinion has been abandoned….

Personal choice (presumably you mean refusing the vaccine for CV19) in this matter is fine if you live alone on some remote island and there is nobody else to infect.

Thanks to anti vaxxers:

and I can tell you this is a truly sh1tty disease. Lots of neurological damage, for example, and at all ages.

Opinion is fine, but don’t post it here, because it is hugely irresponsible to use supposedly respectable channels to spread anti vacc stuff.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message