Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

MH370

Mentour Pilot does a thorough job again.

I follow his channel from time to time and usually he does good job stressing a lot of subtle details like in this movie.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

This guy is really one of the few worth watching.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Emir wrote:

I follow his channel from time to time and usually he does good job stressing a lot of subtle details like in this movie.

He’s great. Only thing bothering me somewhat is VPN sponsors (which force youtubers into very deceptive messaging like the fact that a VPN will improve your privacy and browsing safety – this is plain wrong).

For MH370 it’s looking like suicide with life insurance (making sure noone can find the CVR/FDR so the suicide cannot be confirmed, and the insurance is not cancelled). It would still be weird to go through so much trouble to get back a little money while being ready to take 200 people down with you.

As said in the video, the accident indicates long term planning, proficiency with the aircraft and airspace, having probably suffocated the whole cabin and killed the other pilot hours before ditching. A very grim story, and Mentour successfully convinced me that searches could be restarted based on the radio amateur signals, for the sake of the victims’ families.

France

I thought they had taken into account amateur radio signals. They certainly claimed that on Malaysian television.

France

I agree it looks like suicide. Re the 200 people, I am advised that Malaysians regard Chinese as having zero value…

The LHS knew way more about aircraft systems, and power distribution in particular, than most airline pilots

The RHS was probably locked out (Germanwings-style) and tried to get a message out.

The really interesting bit is that the radio signal analysis aligns with the 7 Inmarsat arcs. That is highly significant, obviously.

VPN sponsorship is a big thing on YT videos nowadays. These video producers are just trying to make money after all. Yes the claims are BS. A VPN does entirely different things. Actually I believe the biggest usage of VPNs is among the 10000000 Brits sitting in Costa del Sol and wanting to watch the BBC on Iplayer, which they can’t since the BBC blocks non-UK IPs

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

maxbc wrote:

A very grim story, and Mentour successfully convinced me that searches could be restarted based on the radio amateur signals, for the sake of the victims’ families.

Malaysia is sufficiently rich country to be able to afford re-launching the search but after so many years probably only families and aviation community are interested to find out what had happened.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

The really interesting bit is that the radio signal analysis aligns with the 7 Inmarsat arcs.

True, but they knew about the arcs before processing the radio signals and their processing might have been (unconsciously) biased to match those arcs a priori.

Definitely very promising.

Peter wrote:

These video producers are just trying to make money after all.

I know some (tech) YT channels that have straight up refused to be sponsored by VPNs for that very reason. Not many can afford to do this obviously, but I know it would make me very uncomfortable to relay that deceptive and fear-oriented marketing. Other widespread sponsoring phenomena (like introducing a sponsor with a shoe-horned, clumsy – sometimes hilariously – transition) I have no problem with.

France

might have been (unconsciously) biased to match those arcs a priori.

I did wonder too

Not many can afford to do this obviously

All can afford it since YT is free I don’t know how much you pay to remove adverts; in Vimeo it is $50/year (I pay that).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Interesting video, watched it last night. The amateur radio signal analysis was new to me. However, I really don’t think another search makes much sense. If the aircraft broke up on impact, the pieces will be scattered over a huge area on the ocean floor. Don’t forget, the Pacific is something like 5000m deep in that area. The only big pieces they’re going to – perhaps – find would be the engines and they won’t tell us much. CVR would have been overwritten during the flight and the FDR would only confirm what we know. Closure of some sort for the families is really the only reason to go look for it again, other than the potential value of having a map of the ocean floor.

I doubt we will ever know what really happened and, more importantly, why it happened.

PS to add: it’s of course entirely possible that the Malaysian authorities know exactly why and what if Mr. Shah left any note(s). Suicide is frowned upon in these societies, mass murder plus suicide obviously even more. If – a big if – there was any note or political manifesto left behind, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it was squirreled away very quickly in some government vault or shredder.

Last Edited by 172driver at 21 Mar 15:49

Peter wrote:

All can afford it since YT is free I don’t know how much you pay to remove adverts; in Vimeo it is $50/year (I pay that).

I meant that not many professional YT channels can afford to turn down big sponsors like VPNs.

France
Sign in to add your message