Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Fly-In Survey

Thanks for the opportunity to vote. Just wanted to say that I will not be voting because I am happy with any of them, kind of a lucky dip. Hope its not the 11/12 May as planning to join the RV trip to Italy.

Norman
United Kingdom

Phew! What a bewildering choice - positively compels one to change one's mind over and over again. As I keep saying: don't offer people a choice - it only confuses them! :-)

EGLM

In case this is not listed somewhere already, I did a quick check on the airports previously voted for, to see if they have Customs etc:

EDAB ok i  
EDDN ok i  
EDFM ok i  
EDNY ok i  
EDRK ok v  
EDRY ok v  
EDTF ok v  
EDTM ok v  
EDTX ok i  
EDTZ noc v  
EGJA ok i  
EGJJ ok i  
EGKA ok i  
LDLO ok i  
LDSB ok i  
LFAT ok i  
LFBH ok i  
LFGA ok i  
LFQA ok i  
LFQB ok i  
LFRC ok i  
LFRF ok v  
LFRG ok i  
LIRZ ok i  
LJPZ ok i  
LKKV ok i  
LKVO ok i  
LPCS ok i  
LSZG ok i  
LSZH ok i  

ok = customs and avgas noc = no customs (only 1) i = ifr v = vfr only

Do note that the Customs and Avgas status was not verified with the airport directly. I just looked them up in Navbox, which gets the info from the AIPs.

For French ones in particular, check latest data because there are continuing discrepancies between the ~50 airports which "lost" Customs recently, and airports which UK pilots continue to fly to, apparently without a hitch, as I write this today

I think those voted for are all technically good (except EDTZ won't attract many from non Schengen) but my personal opinion is that one should pick a place which is nice to stay in for the evening and overnight.

This is because - unlike the fly-ins organised by most other pilot communities - we have quite a spread geographically which means that most people will be staying overnight, so it's worth being able to meet up somewhere nice off-airport.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My vote was for Schwäbisch Hall (being the first suggestion, and none has bettered it, whatever the norm) and Speyer (because of the museum).

When is the poll closing? I can't wait to see the outcome!

And how's about the date?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Reims Prunay (LFQA) has an instrument approach: Landing charts

Bushpilot C208/C182
FMMI/EHRD, Madagascar

Reims is indeed an interesting one, and it looks like it ticks all the boxes. Also, it's right in the "centre of gravity" of most people here (mostly UK and Germany)...

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I have fixed the LFQA entry.

Administrator

Seems like we have plenty of options. Are you planning to pick a top 5 or so for the vote? Suggest you narrow the choices or you will get 1 or 2 votes for every one....

Sorry, email went into spam. I guess you can ignore the above.

EGTK Oxford

Yes; we did a mailing to all registered people. I suggest you all check your spam boxes, etc.

Administrator

Nothing in my spam nor In- box from euroga.org

LGMG Megara, Greece
Sign in to add your message