Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA Fly-In Survey

Another vote for Reims LFQA. I've been there a couple of months ago. There's a cheap hotel at the airport. It has a published GPS approach. You can land there 24x7 using the PCL. Helpful staff, GA minded. City center with the beautiful cathedral and good restaurants only a few miles away.

But I'm fine with most of the suggested destinations, as long as they have JET fuel... :-)

And I hope I have passed the IR exam around that time, so I can come on an IFR FPL.

The vote form is here.

If anybody didn't get the mailing, it may be worth saying so.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

petakas, we emailed you at 13:44 on 16/01/13. The email was from [email protected].

You can view it online.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

For sure it did not reach me. I checked also the spam folder.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Strange. The mailer said it was delivered and certainly yours didn't bounce. I've resent the campaign to just you. I'd be interested to know if you receive it.

Administrator

Yes received at half an hour ago at 1631z.

You're right if it had not gotten through it would generate a bounce report. It is possible but VERY unlikely I deleted it. Anyway, thanks.

The invitation has also been forwarded to HellasGA your equivalent for GA in Greece ;-)

LGMG Megara, Greece

Found mine in the spam folder.

I noticed that Sligo (EISG) appears on the map, but not in the voting list.

EGTT, The London FIR

Finners, glad you got it. I'm afraid there is nothing we can do to prevent the emails going in to the spam folder. You might want to add the sending address to your address book as some systems will use that as an indication that it's not spam in the future. Some spam filters are better than others. There is nothing particularly spammy about the email content and we follow best practises for composing and sending the mail.

EISG was submitted after we started the voting, so the fact it appeared on the map was a mistake. I've removed it from the map now. To avoid confusion I've also removed the form for submitting new airfields.

Hope that explains the situation.

Administrator

I also found the mail in the spambox. Maybe it's an idea to use phplist? (website) I have good experience with it. Free, open source and if you have your own vps with ip address it's even send from you own domain. Maybe that will prevent the mail from arriving in the spam email folder because it's not send from a "big" mailing provider.

Bushpilot C208/C182
FMMI/EHRD, Madagascar
Sign in to add your message