Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How would you define a "GA friendly" airport?

I’m frequently uncomfortable with the way many people talk about women on this website, even if feel certain it is with no ill intent – only cluelessness.

Can you point me to an example on EuroGA, @Jude098?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think @jude098 was referring to this:

Eliminate the line boy and substitute with what I have seen in the yachting world. Pretty young ladies with hot pants and tied tops. They can either wear boots in foul weather or slight heels when things become too hot.

Although I would not say it is frequent.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 06 Sep 06:31
LFPT, LFPN

@Peter & @Aviathor: the remark was not by Jude098, it was a reply to her.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Hmmm…. that one could have done with a smiley in it. A lot of airports, starting with the one I last landed in, do employ good looking women at the customer interface. It’s a fact of life. Actually the first airport mentioned in this thread is very well known for it (unless there has been a fairly recent change).

There are some pretty bad stories of macho attitudes but they tend to come from the slightly more southern parts of Europe. Like the one where 2 women landed in Spain and some airport worker did not believe one of them could be a pilot and went on to search the plane looking for the pilot

Administrator

Peter wrote:

starting with the one I last landed in, do employ good looking women at the customer interface.

Ah yes, that would be the Ops girl @ Portoroz

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Should we start a photo thread with the hottest handling babes? Peter could then produce the 2016 EuroGA calendar. I have pictures to contribute as well.

This can be debated for ever.

Is it right for a (hypothetical) woman, who spends an hour doing her hair and painting her nails, to complain when men find women attractive? Is it right for a (hypothetical) man, who goes for the whole male grooming thing and spends a lot of his waking hours on the gym + protein + dehydration regime, to complain when he is not taken seriously?

So, come on chaps, let’s leave it at this level.

Administrator

Let’s just be respectful, but also keep political correctness away from this forum. And keep some jokes coming and not get too serious. That would be great.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 06 Sep 10:06
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Peter wrote:

Can you point me to an example on EuroGA, @Jude098?

I wrote that and not @Jude098. No, I won’t give you any examples, mainly because I don’t want to point fingers, but also because I don’t want the bother of digging up such posts. Suffice to say that during the two years or so I’ve been on EuroGA, it has happened often enough to be noticeable.

I’m not saying it’s worse here compared to other aviation forums – most probably not since EuroGA is an unusually polite forum.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I honestly hadn’t meant to start a whole male/female debate.

It’s just that many times when I’ve flown in to UK GA airfields I’ve been sitting having a cup of tea and watched when other “male” visiting pilots have come into the café being greeted by others with “hello”, “where have you flown in from”, “what was the enroute wx conditions like” “what you flying” etc etc when I’ve received a cursory glance if anything at all.

And I certainly don’t find offense or complain about men making NICE comments when we women have taken time to do hair, makeup, nails etc. Don’t know any woman who would.

Last Edited by Jude098 at 06 Sep 10:53
EGBJ, EGBP, EGTW, EGVN, EGBS
Sign in to add your message