Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

SD works well for VFR.
I would go SD+GP.

LFOU, France

I use GP + SD. I love the Connext integration (even if on the SR22 the querty keyboard makes it less of an advantage).
Set up GP on the way to airfield, and then just push the flight plan once you turn on avionics. Also will make your database updates much easier.

Another vote for GP (especially with Connext and database concierge, it’s a touch silly not to) and if you must, SD. I still have it but use it less and less.

EGTF, LFTF

denopa wrote:

That’s interesting. For Fairoaks – Amsterdam, the only route proposed is DAGGA IFR OTBAP BARMI which FF itself notes is Eurocontrol invalid. Do you get something that works?

At what altitude?

Last Edited by JasonC at 14 Nov 13:58
EGTK Oxford

14k. This is weird.

EGTF, LFTF

What is aviationcloud ? A competitor to Aurorouter ?

LFOU, France

It is a commercial flight planning organisation owned by foreflight.

EGTK Oxford

ForeFlight will own this world one day, so in my opinion you’re better off jumping in now, rather than 5 years down the road when all the others are faltering. ForeFlight is the new Jeppesen. They already are industry standard in the US, and they will be everywhere else within the next 10 years.

I beg to differ. Garmin have an advantage, being able to integrate fully with their panel avionics (including from a pricing point of view) and this will eventually lead to dominance – if they continue to invest.

EGTF, LFTF

denopa wrote:

if they continue to invest.

Which in practice would mean to buy ForeFlight.

Sign in to add your message