Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Personally speaking, audio calls come below the proper handling/naming of VRPs. Astonishing to think that Jepp had it right in MFDVFR and FF still fails in this area despite having full acces to the Jepp technology.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Hi @Peter_Mundy,

VRPs and Smaller Airfields without codes are in progress. And you are correct that we have data from Jeppesen, but there is foundational work to get it work properly within ForeFlight so that you can plan, route, file, transfer to avionics, and more. I hope to have more updates on this soon.

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight wrote:

there is foundational work to get it work properly within ForeFlight so that you can plan, route, file, transfer to avionics, and more. I hope to have more updates on this soon.

Great! Looking forward to it. This would be a big benefit for us Avidyne users.

LSZK, Switzerland

Looking forward to progress but it is long overdue.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Josh,
Any update on when/If the 540 will support RF legs.

Are there any non AR procedures with RF in Europe?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hi @Rob,

Are you having this issue when you transfer a flight plan with procedures that include RF legs?

KGTU, United States

Hi Josh,
Sorry, I was asking if the 540 supported procedures for flying RF Legs, I know it did not in the past but wondered if it will now.

I don’t see anything on the Avidyne web site that indicates they support RF lets. The most current version of the Pilot Guide says:

RNP/RNAV OPERATIONS
The IFD complies with the equipment requirements of AC 90-105 and meets the equipment performance and functional requirements to conduct RNP terminal departure and arrival procedures and RNP approach procedures without RF (radius to fix) legs.
KUZA, United States

Hi @Rob,

I’ve talked to a few folks and it seems ForeFlight does not currently support manual entry of RF legs at all. If they are associated with a procedure, then we should accommodate for them (please shoot me an example if you have one and we can look). As far as if the IFD540 supports RF legs, that would be something you may want to contact Avidyne (a couple forum posts over the years point to probably not).

Have a wonderful weekend,
Josh

KGTU, United States
Sign in to add your message