Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Sky Demon shows many more points than Foreflight – is this something in the settings I am missing or a limitation of Foreflight.

It seems like FF only shows enroute waypoints, while SD shows terminal waypoints as well.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

It seems like FF only shows enroute waypoints, while SD shows terminal waypoints as well.

“… whilte SD shows” SOME “terminal points as well.” , not all – there are some routes from Autorouter that require extra waypoints in SD.

EGTR

Just some observations. LUK is a stand alone DME and there is no azimuth information for a stand alone DME without a collocated TACAN or VOR.. It is shown on the Jeppesen approach chart, but is not used as a navigable point on the procedure although LUK DME distance values are specified as waypoints along the FAC. ForeFlight does not include approach procedures for the missed approach segment and even though LUK appears to be charted along the MAP segment, it is not part of it. LUKAVEC DME is in the database as LUK. ForeFlight and any EFB only provides supplemental information and is not to be used for primary IFR navigation, that is the job of the IFR approved panel equipment.

KUZA, United States

arj1 wrote:

“… whilte SD shows” SOME “terminal points as well.” , not all – there are some routes from Autorouter that require extra waypoints in SD

It’s never happened to me, but I don’t doubt you’re right.

NCYankee wrote:

Just some observations. LUK is a stand alone DME and there is no azimuth information for a stand alone DME without a collocated TACAN or VOR.. It is shown on the Jeppesen approach chart, but is not used as a navigable point….

It can still be used as a navigable RNAV waypoint, though.

ForeFlight

Settings – Airway Decoding – All Waypoints Shown

always learning
LO__, Austria

I have those settings as well. The database seems a bit hit and miss and not what you might expect given the source of the data.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

All of these waypoints exist, however they’re not displayed for some reason.

E.g. you can search for them and plan with them.

ESME, ESMS

Given that FF is the likely future platform for Jepp terminal charts, which will require a high level of integration with Jepp data, this doesn’t sound too good.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Dimme – you are correct. But if they are not displayed they are as much use as a chocolate tea pot. FF being Jepp owned already has a very high level of integration with Jepp data so as a consumer I would not expect or accept differences. Jepp manage to display them in JeppView

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message