Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot (merged)

I just started to use the connext feature to transfer flightplans via bloototh to the GTN form GP and the other way round. It seems to be very useful. Especially when creating a vfr flightplan with many user created wapoints. Simple and fast. It was the first time I used the gps mode when flying through the alps, because of the many waypoints you have to create. You have to take care anyway, but it worked nicely.

EDDS , Germany

The latest version (8.7) is boasting a European IFR autorouter capability. I haven’t had a chance too take a good look yet but it also seems to incorporate SIDs and STARs.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Looks like they integrated Achims solution
Something I was hoping for but never thought it would happen …

Last Edited by Sir_Percy at 06 Apr 20:28

Is it actually Achim’s/Tom’s Autorouter code?

I wonder if they sold the whole thing to Garmin?

I did a google and found this

The map there doesn’t look like the Autorouter map, especially the more recent one which has the vector based graphics and not using the previous google map background. So unless a new UI was developed for this, it looks like Garmin did their own thing. But who knows?

Also, here it has this:

which might indicate that Garmin will eventually support Europe on Android. But it doesn’t actually say that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t know, but the whole logic and even the briefing pack look very similar.

The autorouter is still working as usual.

Just tried a quick comparison – the actual routing is slightly different

Last Edited by Sir_Percy at 06 Apr 21:14

I’m pretty sure it is autorouter. Here’s a couple of screenshots of the Briefing Pack which look remarkably familiar.

Last Edited by Dave_Phillips at 07 Apr 07:15
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Hmmm, that would explain the sudden developer absence from EuroGA – having used EuroGA to launch and debug it

I wish them well of course.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

eventually support Europe on Android.

Looks like Android is now supported – just loaded it on my Nexus 5X phone. Not as slick as the iPad implementation, but its a good backup.

EGEO

I struggled a bit to get to the IFR filing, as couldn’t select IFR from the “Trip” page.
If like me you can’t find it, go to settings → pilot-info → → then in filing service providers, add provider Eurocontrol IFR.

This seems too good to be true (Garmin Pilot married to Autorouter). In fact it is, for now, as I can’t select Eurocontrol IFR in my pilot info settings…

However, if and when it works, I wonder whether we can still use Telegram to interact with a flight plan generated through GP?

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message