Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Oxygen - equipment, getting refills, refill hoses, safety, etc

You may want to try EMS .

Thanks Guillaume and highflyer. I have sent an e-mail to EMS. I have also contacted a couple of shops in the UK that do primarily diving bottles. I will report back when/if I find out more.

LFPT, LFPN

AEM at Southend UK can also do the testing:

http://www.aeromedicgroup.com/Oxygen-Systems-Info-AEM.aspx

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Please provide the quotes for the tests, the O2 bottles in our Bonanza will soon be due for testing.
Thanks!

EDMA, Germany

In addition to the above

• I got a quote from Avia Technique LTD in Berkshire at £85 a bottle (+VAT) although the P/N were not on their capability list.
  • I was told there is a company called EMS (Extinguisher Maintenance Station) in France which performs such tests but did not manage to get a quote from them (for future, contact Christophe Ottenwalter)
  • I got a response from Teign Diving Centre in the UK, but never got to the bottom of it
  • It seems like a goot search string on Google is “hydrostatic test DOT UK”

Next time I’ll research the subject ahead of time…

LFPT, LFPN

I want to treat myself to a new portable pulse (not constant flow) oxygen kit for the Comanche. Since I am about as technically gifted as a jar of Danone yoghurt, I am looking for some advise on a system that will simply work. (read be relatively plug and play)
I hear a lot of very good things about the mountain high systems – but their website (with it’s lovely 1997 look) is about as comprehensible to me as the translation of War and Peace in Cyrillic. I don’t understand what it is I actually have to order to have a system that will deliver pulse oxygen (canulla – I don’t fly over FL 180 despite the ceiling of FL200 of the Comanche) to 2 adults – or potentially 4 (I never fly with 6 people either). Can someone who has a system they are “happy” with provide me with some guidance? Also, are there any difficulties when ordering a full kit overseas for deliveries in France (or alternatively can someone recommend a place that delivers to France?)

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Finesse Max in France carry the MH oxygen systems in case you would like to buy locally.

What you probably want is
MH Item #: 00EDS-2014-04 – (2) EDS-O2D2-2G with CFFC-048 carbon fiber cylinder and FPR-540 regulator.

That is a complete kit for 4 people including on-demand regulators, 4 cannulas, carrying case… Actually IIRC you get 8 cannulas; 4 normal tip, and 4 flare-tip.

Last Edited by Aviathor at 23 Mar 18:48
LFPT, LFPN

Yes that’s the system I have – described at the end of here under “Update Sep 2012”.

The only negative is that there are reports of the O2D2 regulator failing. Do a search for past threads. But it appears to have been some manufacturing issue. Mine, bought 2011/2012, have never given any trouble and have been used a lot – on every IFR flight.

MH is the only game in town today, for light GA portable kits.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It appears X3 Demand Conserver is back.

United States

Oh, yes, the “Precise Oxygen” mechanical demand regulator stuff. I flew with that for quite some years. But it doesn’t compare with the MH system for (a) gas usage for a given blood o2 level and (b) effectiveness at higher altitudes e.g. above FL150 where you really have to turn it way up so it uses even more gas. The company also gave me a lot of grief – very disorganised and I wrote about that in the earlier oxygen writeup posted above. It does have the advantage of not needing batteries but I can’t recommend it.

See this flight test which I did with another pilot, in 2008.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message