Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bose Quiet Comfort QC25/QC35 conversion for aviation

I ordered two Avees because I liked the design best, with it the QC25 looks like an original aviation headset as opposed to some stickers/velcro/cables going about.

Application of the mic is easy and quick. Snaps right on and two sticker magnets secure it in place. Nicely thought out method by Avee.

I can’t say anything bad about sound clarity etc… to me it was fine.
Interestingly in a 2007 Cirrus SR22 when talking to ATC usinf the PTT button I’d hear myself too loudly, adjusted the mic volume of the Avee down but then it was (a little) too quiet on the normal intercomm. Could have something to do with this specific plane as it did not occur on any other planes. It was a minor nuisance.

What I like about the Avee is that since I bought them I have been sent an updated version of the actual mics and cables free of charge. So aftermarket care is superb. The new cables are much better (thicker mantling etc..).

I took some detailed pictures here http://imgur.com/a/FrZvAis

Personally what I don’t like about all the addon mics is the grey area regarding TSO/ETSO, and depending on the plane you fly the passive noise protection of the QC25 is not that great compared to the Bose A20. They work well in a DA40NG and not so well in the much louder SR22 for longer flights.

The Avee offers all types of cables (even Lemo iirc) and Bluetooth is in the works as well.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 23 Dec 21:29
always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks for the insights. I have seen the Avee at Aero 2018 and liked it, even though I have to glue the magnets on the earcup. But better than the N-Flight and easier to detach than the Leosounds. So for me UflyMike and Avee are the only options. But I am still undecided between the two.

Regarding (E)TSO, I have no issue. The Lightspeed Zulu for instance has no TSO as well as other aviation grade headsets and I can’t see any requirement for this in particular.

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

TobiBS wrote:

Regarding (E)TSO, I have no issue. The Lightspeed Zulu for instance has no TSO as well as other aviation grade headsets and I can’t see any requirement for this in particular.

Thanks for the info. Good to know!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Portable kit is unregulated, in private flying.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Good to know thank you Peter!

always learning
LO__, Austria

I have been flying now more than one year with the leosound qc25 combo.
It’s been very good.
Only problem I have had is the position if the volume knob. In my plane the position of the outlet gets the volume knob just at leg knee height – and it is very easy to move. I 3D printed an enclosure and since then everything has been perfect .

pmh
ekbr ekbi, Denmark

@pmh: I think the new version of the LeoSounds has a potentiometer which is flush after it is pressed in. So I think they improved the design after your delivery. It is now called AvMike 1.3.

I was also rechecking their website and by coincidence found out, that they are located very close to me. So I finally decided that I will try out this mic with my QC35.

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

I’m now looking for a new headset. The obvious choice would be the A20, but a QC25 with any of the mics mentioned here seems to be an option to be considered at least. Price of the A20 is a complete rip-off, but their quality seems undisputed. But does the price difference translate in the same amount of difference in quality?
On the other hand, paying around 200-300 € for just a mike is also very near to a rip-off.

LECU - Madrid, Spain

@coolhand
If you already have a QC Headset the Leosounds is your best bet for price (169€)
https://aviation.leosounds.de/Shop/de/product_info.php?info=p4_avmike-1-3-fuer-piloten.html

always learning
LO__, Austria

I fully agree with Snoopy

Here´s the full story:
In the beginning of 2017 I was searching for the alternative to Bose A20. The price tag and the size of the headset were unacceptable to me as well as the fact that it would be used only for flying. The Avee hasn´t been ready yet and kept posponing the delivery dates later for almost double the price of the AvMike. I ordered the original version of the AvMike but it was a bit more bulky and heavy for my Bose QC35. Returned it back, got reimbursed and kept on searching while exchanging 50+ emails with Michael Pantleon of LeoSounds discussing the AvMike. Meantime found UFlyMike but it wasn´t QC35 compatible at that time and months behind delivery anyway.

To cut it short, over the time I got three AvMikes (smaller and lighter versions 1.1 and 1.2) all with the thinner “airliner” gooseneck, the family uses their QC35s all the time and when on the flying trip we have perfectly working add-on.

Last Edited by Destinatus at 27 Dec 13:30
Prague
Czech Republic
Sign in to add your message