Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Pics will come tomorrow, currently we’re ocupied with food and drinks :)

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Arrived back in Rotterdam after a very interesting day.

First was Losinje to Portoroz to get some fuel and enter schengen. Then vfr to Annemasse overhead Venice airport and crossing through all the mess around Milan with its class A at 2000agl. Climbed through tye Aosta vally to fl170 and passed the Mont Blanc in beautifull weather. Then circled over Les Gets and landed in Annemasse which is a really nice field with great people.

We flew ifr back from Annemasse and that was really boring after all the hard work of flying vfr through Italy. All in all a very interesting 3 days.

Yesterday was very pleasant having drinks at the field and a fine dinner. Unfortunately I did not get to talk to everybody as we were sitting for dinner and alas I did not meet the people who arrived today but I had to head for home.

Tx Peter for setting this up ..

A few pics…

FL170 or so

Some of it between layers but the temp was low enough for icing to not be a risk

Strong headwind and a rather depressing ground speed

We didn’t see much of the Alps

Eventually we found a gap through the buildups over the Alps

The route over the Alps was well to the right of the filed route, on headings “to avoid”, with the LFOB of 15 USG suggesting that a diversion to Pula LDPL being on the cards

After a -200fpm continuous descent over about 100nm, and popping out from the cloud about 5000ft, the airport is in sight

There was a great turnout – way more than could have been expected a few months ago. However people arrived at all different times so we met up in the harbour:

The scenery beats the usual burger runs

Last Edited by Peter at 24 May 23:34
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for posting the photos Fantastic to see them, and even more so that the weather rewarded you after arrival. For me its intriguing to see the moving map image saying POS: 8.4SSW TOLMEZZO – an area I know pretty well from motorcycling

Last Edited by Silvaire at 25 May 04:07

I thought Tolmezzo was some kind of pancake with cheese in it… But I wasn’t the only one confused as Padova Radar didn’t appear to understand the word “destination”…

More pics…

We looked hard for a British Pilot All Day Breakfast but this was the nearest we could get

The pics are better later in the day

An finally the mandatory sunset

All pics taken with the Nokia 808 (but you knew that really )

I will leave it to others to contribute some group photos

Last Edited by Peter at 25 May 05:56
Administrator

Many people unfortunately left today. But who will still be here till tomorrow? Our photos from Dubrovnik trip will be soon…

EVCA

We are departing Monday 0600z

Administrator

Great pics. Thank you for sharing. Good old Europe has a lot to offer.

United States

Peter, any plan for the evening?

EVCA

Here are some shots from our trip LDLO-LDDU…

PH-PCA preparing:

Just airborne:

Harbour, where our Apoksi… hotel is situated:

Formation:

Scenic ground features on ADRIA1 route:

Korcula:

Cleared to land RWY 12:

We have experienced huge traffic in LDDU. But very efficient ATC. And relatively low parking/landing fee (approx. 35EUR)

Last Edited by pshz at 25 May 18:12
EVCA
Sign in to add your message