Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New Garmin TXI

Thanks for the MM Peter.

Wigglyamp,
As you know my initial idea was to do it with you, but you are too busy (good for you) – happy with Porta so far although we’re only one week in.
I don’t have many specific questions yet, it’s just that there are many, many options on these things, and as an owner it’s good to be able to know what leads to what. For example, it’s not clear what happens to the “CDI” key on the GTN if you have a single TXi screen; some say it can still be available, others that it can be displayed but has no impact. Given how small the “cdi” key on the TXi is, it would be good to know if we can still have it on the GTN; otherwise it’s another argument for getting the GCU (which is ridiculously overpriced).

EGTF, LFTF

I have the current Txi install manual but it’s not something I can share in public due to dealer NDA with Garmin. If there are specific questions I may be able to assist.
Incidentally, there are plenty of Txi installations in Europe. I’ve been involved in 3 10.6 inch PFDs so far plus a stand-alone 7 inch EIS system.

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Is there just one IM for the TXI range? My enquiries with my usual contacts in the US have drawn a blank so far. I have a huge collection of manuals but it is only the older G500 etc.

There used to be a way to locate Garmin manuals if you know the exact filename. You use their usual “pumac” URL. The server has directory listing disabled so you have to know the full URL. There is some stuff on the web about this. At one point their sysadmin made a mistake and enabled dir listing, and google indexed the lot and a number of people downloaded them all. I got quite a few then but not all because I didn’t know how to convert the google listing into a download script. But this was pre-TXI.

However the G500 G600 TXI MM has escaped into the wild (I found it by googling for the obvious phrase and .pdf) and these are much harder to find than IMs!!!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Has anyone managed to get a copy of the IM, by any chance?

EGTF, LFTF

One comment on the EASA STC which is important:

Avionics geek.
Somewhere remote in Devon, UK.

Thank you @wigglyamp

Switzerland
Administrator

Ok weird. I thought I had just overlooked it somehow. I will stop by the Garmin booth at the AERO and asked them about it :-)

Switzerland

This came up in another thread recently.

The TXI one is SA02571SE but nowhere can I find the PDF of this STC.

Administrator
41 Posts
Sign in to add your message