Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Portoroz LJPZ (Piran) Meet-up 5-7 Sep 2015

With regard to airports on other islands, there is now a fledgling sea-plane transfer service which, if successful, would cast doubt on the future of any such plans.

Forever learning
EGTB

The approach to rwy 04 of LDSB can be pretty rough if there’s a strong wind from the north. Guess how i know :-)

I for one would never stay in Supetar, I’d rather take the ferry to Split, especially if i have not been there!

There’s a bus from the village next to the airport you can use to get to Supetar. It’s a 30 min walk, but okay if you have a backpack.

By the way:

Most people would never use it, but in the past i have used the bush strip on Hvar a couple of times, i even let the plane there, unattended, for a week (the guy in the vineyard across the road promised to have a look :-))

Bol is quite nice too

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Very nice photos, Peter!

I’m sorry we couldn’t make it to the EuroGA flyin, but we had a busy time moving houses.
There’s a gap in the agenda now (and in the WX) so we plan to fly to the Adriatic even though most of you will be gone.

We plan to stay in Bol on the Island Brac for two nights. There is boat rental / boat excursions which look like a fun thing to do.

@Vieke I’ll send you my details via PM. Sure we can meetup for a drink when you’re around :)

Administrator

I see you have horrible weather and you’re damned to spend few days in this awful place

I’m jealous I wasn’t able to continue my trip with you but I hope we’ll meet again very soon. What do you think about Avignon or somewhere else in France?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I am ten miles south, Palmizana!

I’d love to fly to Avignon again, that’s s great place.

(Cannot insert photo, Safari crashes immediately)

Saw a turbo Arrow, an SR20, a TB-something this afternoon … plus two or three UFOs

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 08 Sep 14:15

Administrator

Peter,
becuase you asked us to stay polite in the other thread, I can´t comment that pics ;-)

LKKU, LKTB

Emir wrote:

I see you have horrible weather and you’re damned to spend few days in this awful place

Don’t you believe Peter’s photos, Emir. He removes all the haze from them and does all kinds of other things to make them pretty…

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message