Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Portoroz LJPZ (Piran) Meet-up 5-7 Sep 2015

Here is a better version of one I posted yesterday

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Did you arrive in LJPZ, @Aviathor?

I just got home from Norway yesterday to celebrate my wife’s birthday today. So I am afraid I will not be able to join… I do hear that the weather over the Adriatic is marvelous right now.

LFPT, LFPN

Very nice, Peter. I’m envious, since the Texel fly-in was cancelled due to weather. Have fun

EDLE

We are meeting this evening at the tiled square in Piran, day 0800L.

Administrator

Wx coming…

Administrator

We are at the Pirat restaurant, near the paved square.

Administrator

Peter do you need to keep on turning the blade in the wound? Please have pity on those of us who could not come, for whatever reason.
Myself looking at METAR EBBR 051550Z 31009KT 270V340 9999 FEW009 SCT013 BKN033 13/10 Q1019 RESHRA TEMPO 3500 SHRA BKN010= it is hard to bear!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Hello Peter and company. Very sorry not to be with you but it was always going to be tight. Left Marvellous Malmi (Helsinki) on Friday for a lovely ride down to Kaunas, Lithuania with a view to coming on to meet you or scuttling back to UK. In the event neither happened, had to turn back at the Polish border (VFR only ) due to deteriorating conditions and return to beautiful Kaunas for another (inexpensive) night. Tomorrow hoping for Warsaw to work around the weather but forecast worse than today’s.

Sorry to have missed you all, have a great time and maybe I can make a better plan next year, ie not be in Finland at the same time!

PS Can anyone comment on Warsaw Modlin EPMO for a VFR stop or suggest an alternative that speaks English on a Sunday and has transport connections to the city?

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

EPBC Warsaw Babice is the obvious choice. In the city and online half a mile to tram stop. I had same plan but found out the problems before start.

Matti
EFHV

A few more pics:

Piran:

The city wall, with some “weather” in the background, and Trieste getting a good soaking

A really good restaurant, though you could not tell if the movement was the boat moving or having too much alcohol

The marina

Apparently this thing doesn’t sting… it was about 30cm diameter

More wx coming – actually that one mostly dissipated before it got there, but it did rain in the evening

Administrator
Sign in to add your message