Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Portoroz LJPZ (Piran) Meet-up 5-7 Sep 2015

Was it one of you guys who overfly the island of HVAR at 17:10 LT while i had a coffee on the terrace?

Nobody I know of.

We will fly to Brac LDSB tomorrow, as early as we can, probably EOBT 0700 UTC. Will probably go VFR low-level since the wx looks great so it will be more scenic.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

wx looks very good down here now. i can send a terep tomorrow (terrace report :-))

We might do a boat trip to Hvar from Brac – if we can find a direct boat from Supetar i.e. not via Split. Hvar is really nice.

Administrator

Let me know! I am at the (very) small island across the town of Hvar but would come over by taxi boat, like for lunch :-)

Or you come here: take a taxi boat to “Palmizana”, and i’ll show you one of my fav. places in the world … been coming here since i was a kid …

(some photos on my Facebook!)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 06 Sep 17:13

Can you find a boat from Supetar to Hvar (or whatever)?

Or a twin turbine heli?

Administrator

You would have to go down to BOL to find a boat to Hvar …. might be possible, i once did it! The JetRanger is in maintenance, sorry :-)

A few last pics from Piran:

Here is proof of life (if not necessarily intelligent life )

Trieste

Zoomed in 1:1

The water creates an odd mirage effect (also visible above) with tall buildings in Italy, directly west of Piran (a long way away); this is zoomed in 1:1

Thank you to those who turned up, despite the dodgy wx forecast. Locally it was super – blue skies and sunshine.

One more pilot is flying to Brac.

This is tomorrow morning

VFR, so no tracking link. But it may appear on FR24, since Class D base is 1000ft and I will prefer to fly higher than that; maybe 2000-3000ft.

Administrator

Great pictures, makes me sad I didn’t come. But the WX as it was building up towards the end of the week didn’t seem conducive for a VFR Alps crossing.

I’ll probably do a trip next week, destination tbd – weather seems to be settling on the quite side until then…

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

You can usually get a boat taxi to take you anywhere around Hvar/Brac/Solta but they are very expensive.

Forever learning
EGTB
Sign in to add your message