Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

PPL and making a living as a youtuber (and YT advertising policies)

She deserves her followers anyway and while I don’t know how the video was actually made, this effect is readily created by writing normally, and flipping the entire video L-R in editing. Obviously the presenter must not have some logo on their clothing because that will be reversed.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If so, she must still write “hyp” etc. in reverse.
PS the surgery should be available on the NHS, free and likely prioritised.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

If so, she must still write “hyp” etc. in reverse.

I really didn’t want to do this but I downloaded the YT video, loaded it into a video editor, and flipped it left-right. And, playing it back, it looks exactly as it would look if she was writing on the glass. Here is a still from it

The only way to really confirm this is to get a photo of the presenter which shows some distinguishing feature e.g. which side the hair is parted and which wasn’t taken from one of the videos. In this case it takes about a minute to prove that the videos are being flipped.

PS the surgery should be available on the NHS, free and likely prioritised.

Only if one threatens to top oneself

Administrator

Definitely not left-handed…
Lefties write with their wrists curled around the pen, to avoid smudging the letters…
Myth: BUSTED

It’s been getting at me too
Instagram consistently shows a left parting in real world photos, so I think flipped.

I’ve just been trying writing backwards: capitals with straight lines are reasonably easy but lowercase with curves needs a bit more thought. The end result in a mirror looks quite childish, especially ‘e’ and ‘s’, but I think it would improve very quickly with practice.

I wanted to say James Garfield could write with both hands simultaneously in Greek and Latin, but checking online it might not actually be true.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Leonardo DaVinci wrote backwards perfectly…
Maybe she’s Lisa DaVinci or something

Last Edited by AF at 20 Aug 21:59

I am not sure about writing backward being a left/right hand thing? I am sure it’s more convinient to write Arabic & Hebrew with right hand going right to left

There is an explanation that has to do with engraving a stone with a hammer using the strongest arm, high likely a myth as ink was around a long time ago…

Btw I like those maths !

Last Edited by Ibra at 20 Aug 22:15
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Returning to this topic…

Normally I use Vimeo because the quality is much better than Youtube, plus I put specific trip movies up and I am not interested in SEO (on which YT wins by a long way).

But about a year ago, as an experiment, I uploaded a load of my videos to YT – here. I didn’t do much promotion on it, until a day or two ago with a bit on FB (which didn’t do a lot). So all the numbers are organic SEO results.

1+ year later, 35 subscribers! Now consider that you need 1000 to start getting income. Imagine how much social media pumping is going to be needed to get that figure even to 1000, never mind 10k, 100k… Obviously the content of the video is highly relevant. GA is not a major-interest topic. But even there, mine tend to be detailed, long, devoid of fashionable effects (like the rapid cutting, producing a large quantity of ~1 second clips, and a corresponding sound track) and thus rather “boring”.

The majority of GA activity on FB is somebody pumping yet another YT video they made. I don’t think they realise how far uphill they have to push that rock…

Administrator

I’ve 165 YT videos and 27 subscribers. Only one video is not from the air. All are of Scottish scenery, of interest to hillwalkers and tourists. All are “Creative Commons”. One is used by a tourist information site. I have no interest in earning money from them.
By far the most viewed is the paraglider airprox.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Dimme wrote:

She is writing backwards on a piece of glass with her left hand. Unless there is some video editing where she flips the video, she deserves her followers!

I’m left handed and I can do the same. And even more – I can do that with both hands simultaneously. Do I deserve followers? What are my chances with YouTube career?

Last Edited by Emir at 08 Nov 09:15
LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message